Cushings Syndrome

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Colette & Noodles, Jan 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colette & Noodles

Colette & Noodles Member

Hello!

Just wondered if any of your kitties have been diagnosed with cushings syndrome as well as diabetes? Noodles was at the vet today as she had a very deep cut on her side, and the vet thinks it may be this. She'll be getting more tests to confirm, but just wondered if any of you had any experience?

THH & Snowcrash (GA) likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hello, sorry to hear about the suspicion of Cushings. We do get kitties here occasionally with Cushings, but I can't think of anyone currently active that has one. We do have a separate forum just for people with Cushings and a couple other conditions Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats You might want to poke around that forum.

First step will be go figure out if your girl has Cushings, the if so, what kind. There are treatments but it depends what kind of Cushings it is.

3. Colette & Noodles

Colette & Noodles Member

Thanks for the reply, I'll check out that other forum. I'm still reeling to be honest, I could barely take in what the vet said. They had mentioned about her quality of life, and I'm afraid I got a bit emotional. We're trying to do the best for her, but have struggled with the diabetes. After reading about cushings, this matches her symptoms more. I'm wondering if that was her primary issue rather than the diabetes. If so, I'll have a hard time being kind to the vet, as she's been unhappy this whole time. I'll read over the other forum, thanks!

4. THH & Snowcrash (GA)

THH & Snowcrash (GA) Member

My cat Snowcrash had Cushing's, sort of.... he was a medical trainwreck his final 11 months and too frail for most diagnostics by the end. His presumed-Cushing's mostly improved after he was weaned off prednisolone, which he had been on for chronic pancreatitis prior to becoming diabetic. The first sign of Cushing's for him was curled ears, as well as hair loss.

I did lose Snowcrash in January, 2020...

5. Colette & Noodles

Colette & Noodles Member

I'm sorry for your loss. When her usual vet called last night, he said he'd never seen a case before, so I think someone else would need to look over her, if she's able to be cared for. It might be too late, she's got a really deep cut on her side. Going up today to get it looked at again and her bandage changed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.