Concurnes after teeth Extraction

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by rawia, Aug 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rawia

rawia Member

Hi all,

my cat Meme just had 5 teeth extraction about 2 months ago now, before she had dental work her upper back gum was badly inflammed for a while, her vet thought it was just an infection andput her on antibiotics but it did not work then he decided to do dental check up and he had to remove this teeth and 4 other.

Her gum did not healed and they keep putting her on long term antibiotics for 3 times now , but ican see only very little improved , some times she is trying to pull something with her hand , all the stiches disolved but i am just worried , the vet said that her diabetes makes the healing process slow.

anyone had something like this nefore and what should i do more, she have an appintment after 2 days and if there is any suggestions that you can give me? She supposed to feel much better after the extraction but i do not know why the gum still inflammed.

also i noticed alump that formed from the stiches on her back down gum where other toth was extracted, and the vet saud that there is no harm from it because it is behind her tounge but i think that it need to be removed.

I am just feeling bad and does not know wat to do, terth extraction suppose to be a relief but it is not for Meme which make me worry.

please if anyone has any thing like that before help me.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Did they take x-rays after the extractions? Sometimes little bone fragments are left behind to cause irritation/infection.

Poor Meme! I hope you can get this figured out, it's no fun to have a sore mouth!

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor kitty kitty:( Nan is right happens more than one hears about.
    Sending prayers and positive healing vines!:bighug:

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  4. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

I've had rotten teeth that just crumbled when extracted. Some vets may see this as an insult to their work but it's your cat and your money. Don't mention the internet and ask for a follow up Xray. More and more antibiotics aren't the answer. Let us know how things go, few things will make a cat more miserable than dental issues, keep a close eye on her weight as well.

5. rawia

rawia Member

I will ask for an X-ray on her next appointmet which is on Sunday and will keep u updated

thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.