? Cleaning poop out of fur

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tom & Monty, May 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom & Monty

Tom & Monty Member

Hey all! Molly had diarrhea recently (it's improving now) and I noticed she was excessively cleaning her butt. I checked and found the problem: bits of poop dried into her fur around her butt and back legs.

I tried using baby wipes to get it out and failed. Any advice? At this point I'm considering just using my old beard trimmer to shave the areas with poop.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I would get some cat shampoo and then use a wet washer with some of the shampoo on it and wash the area. Might take a few times. Rinse well. Only use cat shampoo though.

Suzanne & Darcy and Tom & Monty like this.
  3. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Callie used to have this issue. I would put her in the bathroom sink with water in it and let her soak for a couple minutes. Fortunately she didn't mind getting wet.

Tom & Monty and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I have done the same - let kitty keep front legs on side of bathroom sink, use warm water to rinse of the back end of kitty. It may be a two person job depending on your cat. Dry off cat with towel.

Tom & Monty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.