? Civvies and timed feeding

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Polgeria, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polgeria

Polgeria Member

Slightly off topic, but has anyone else had issues with their civvies switching to timed feedings from free feedings?

I have one of my other cats who is a ravenous eater constantly begging for food, which sets Mouse off. If he doesn't get food every 2 hours you'd swear he's DYING!!!

And yes, I totally checked his glucose levels, lol. He's right on point both on an empty stomach and a full one. He's also about 4 pounds overweight, so he really does need to be on the timed feedings.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Ann & Scatcats

Ann & Scatcats Well-Known Member

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

You can get automatic feeders with a microchip worn on a collar. The feeder only opens for that cat.
    @KittenTheCat has one, I believe.

4. Polgeria

Polgeria Member

I priced that out, and it's just not feasible for 4 cats, but I really, really did consider it

5. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

I have automatic feeder (cat mate c500) for kitten that just opens x4 daily no microchip required. I also have a microchip feeder (sure feed microchip feeder) that’s programmed for Monster - he just goes up to it to eat and it opens because the microchip is in his shoulders. It’s $100+ dollars so I can understand how that would be too expensive with multiple cats. You can program multiple cats on the microchip feeder. Kitten knows the microchip feeder provides food to Monster but Monster has no idea the auto feeder dispenses food :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.