GA Cinnamon

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by storm, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. storm

storm Member

Cinnamon crossed the Rainbow Bridge cat_wings>o this morning on his way to the vet, was not diabetes related, he was bleeding internally from a possible rupture, ultrasound was unable to determine exact cause due to the amount of blood that collected in his abdominal cavity

2. PPCW

PPCW Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

storm likes this.
  3. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss!

storm likes this.
  4. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

5. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry.

storm likes this.
  6. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss cat_wings>o

storm likes this.
  7. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Fly free, beloved Cinnamon, land softycat_wings>o
    cat-sympathy-card (1).jpg
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

storm likes this.
  8. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

I am so sorry.

storm likes this.
  9. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear Cinnamon has gone to the bridge. They are never with us long enough! :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    RIP sweet Storm!

I made it home___rainbow bridge.jpg

Lisa and Smoky and storm like this.
  10. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no... I remember your intro post with yours and Cinnamon's story. So sweet of you to bring him in, and for him to know love in the sunset of his life rather than being out as a stray.

You were both very lucky to find each other, but I am so sorry that you didn't have more time together. :(

Sandi&Whisper.

storm likes this.
  11. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss :bighug::bighug::bighug:

storm likes this.
  12. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss.

storm likes this.
  13. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Hugs and prayers to you

storm likes this.
  14. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear about Cinnamon :(.
    May fond memories of your beloved Cinnamon, warm your heart always cat_wings>o

storm likes this.
  15. Frank's Mom

Frank's Mom Member

So sorry for your loss.

storm likes this.
  16. Lisa and Smoky

Lisa and Smoky Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you lost your sweet boy.
    Fly free Cinnamoncat_wings>o

storm likes this.
  17. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Oh no so sorry! Same happened to my Zimmy.... They have him two transfusions but it didn't work. So sorry for your loss.

storm likes this.
  18. storm

storm Member

the vet had called and asked me if she could determine the cause of his passing, i gave her permission .. he was never diabetic, he had cancer ( i suspected it when he first got sick in april from the rapid weight lose, that no matter how much he ate per day he wasn't gaining weight as fast as he should have and he wasn't responding to the insulin as he should have if he was truly diabetic), a tumor on his pancreas had ruptured.

19. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

What a tragedy! Maybe knowing the cause will help a little? :bighug::bighug:

storm likes this.
  20. storm

storm Member

it does a little but makes me wonder if we had caught it back in April would he have lived a little longer .. could it have been treated or removed .... was it the cause of his peeing on the floor issue .. my world is turned upside down with him gone ,.. i have other pets but with his shots and testing my days and nights revolved around him. now i just feel kind of lost .. i feel guilty too .. i suspected friday after the second hypo episode that something was off with him but my head told me it was just because he was feeling icky from going hypo twice .. i should have trusted my gut but i waited and ran him in saturday and they didnt even check his belly or anything, just took a BG test and said he was fine and sent us home.

21. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

As hard as it is, try not to second guess yourself. You did the best you could for him. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

storm likes this.
  22. Lisa and Smoky

Lisa and Smoky Well-Known Member

Don't beat yourself up about Cinnamon please.
    When Smoky had his sudden weight loss I and the vet assumed it was due to the FD.
    I tried so hard to save him but in the end it turned out he had intestinal lymphoma. I feel I shld have made the decision to have him put to sleep months before I did. He passed away at home before I could take him in to the vet. I know you miss your boy, I miss mine too

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Reason for edit: New info
    storm and Kris & Teasel like this.
  23. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your loss. You loved Cinnamon. And you gave the best care you could. May your sweet kitteh fly free and land softly at the Bridge.:rb_icon:

storm likes this.
  24. Frank's Mom

Frank's Mom Member

@storm I wonder if the diabetes diagnosis could overshadow the cancer symptoms? Frank was diagnosed in March, and, while his ultrasound was clear of internal bleeding, he was symptomatic of anemia...which led the vet to a leukemia (not FeLV) diagnosis. I'm also second guessing EVERYTHING since March. But, I know my little man was just not himself, and would never be himself again. I feel like this is something that needs to be explored more...diabetic symptoms in cats who are really anemic due to cancer. Sadly, most of those test cost so much money. But so does treating diabetes. I just wonder now if diabetes was the right call in March or if it was cancer the whole time...

storm likes this.
  25. storm

storm Member

Cinn wasn't showing signs of being anemic as far as i could see as he gums were normal pink color when ever the vet was checking him, until the night before he passed but with the tumor on his pancreas, the cancer was masked by the diabetes diagnosis. believe you me , this is a lesson learned to make sure everything is checked when my pets go to a vet check up as i don't want to be blindsided again some time down the road

26. Frank's Mom

Frank's Mom Member

Frank didn't have pale gums/ears until the day I put him down. Everything in that last week just seemed so much like when he had DKA in March. I didn't send a biopsy out to a pathologist...I'd spent so much money in the last 5 days on him, and he just was so sick. I'll never know for positive of that's what it was, but he was at the best vet clinic in the area, so I listened to their advice. I just keep wondering if he could have gotten better, if it wasn't leukemia, if it was some thing fixable. I feel like I failed him.

storm likes this.
  27. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

I have been remise in expressing my condolences about Cinnamon crossing the Bridge, Although it is almost 3 months since I lost my baby Tuxie, some days are just so much harder than others and I find myself myself backing away from the forum sometimes. I am so so sorry that Cinnamon has crossed the Bridge and joined so so many of the other FDMB kitties. RIP Storm cat_wings>o

I am sure all of us have those times of doubts and questions and "did we do everything we could" moments. I really didn't. but I have the "did I wait too long" moments. When out beloved babies have little or no QOL and we see them declining then that is the time to listen to them. We want them to live forever, we wan:bighug::bighug:t to see that little bit of an "improvement" we want them to live forever. I had several "rallies" with my kitty towards the end that gave me that little shimmer of hope, but they were short lived and when my boy looked at me with his beautiful loving eyes and "said" let me go...I knew that was what HE needed..not me. Letting our beloved furbabies go is always such a hard decision, but it is always done with the uptmost of love.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    storm likes this.
  28. storm

storm Member

other than the not gaining weight as fast as he should have and not reacting to the insulin as he should have .. until he went hypo that thursday and friday, then again saturday morning, he was acting as normal as he could be, it was later that saturday evening that he started not acting "normal" .. he was sleeping alot and just laying around, wasnt really interested in eating, he ate but not like usual and he wanted to be held when he wasnt sleeping .. yes i have been asking my self did i wait too long, should i have tried to do more to get him seen in an emergency that night or sunday .. the emerg vets office wouldnt even see him because they dont take payments so they gave me the numbers of 3 vets in my area that do home visits 2 dont do payments and the one that does wasnt available .. wondering if i should have called my horses vet, since they also do small pets but office visits only, if they would have seen him on a saturday or sunday .. at least maybe they could have either stopped the bleeding or he could have been PTS sooner rather then suffer bleeding to death internally and passing away on his way to his vet. i also feel guilty for leaving him to go to work, i should have stayed with him.

29. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

We all ask ourselves these questions and beat ourselves up for not being able to save our kitties or do more for them. This is all part of the grieving process. There have been a number of GA kitties that were fine one day and critical the next...we can't see into the future. The reality is Cinnamon had a wonderful life with a caring and loving petparent. You took in a stray and gave him a home and love. That is what you need to focus on and remember. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

[​IMG]

storm and JeffJ like this.
  30. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

It is challenging to deal with sick kittehs. I think a lot of fur-kid parents don't realize it, until their cat gets in real bad shape. It is not just financially draining, but emotionally challenging. You gave Cinnamon a great life. And he knew he was loved. And you treated him as best you could right up until the end. Many kittehs never get good attention even when they are in a household. You have nothing to feel guilty about.

We lost Duma last year. He was 8 or 9. We felt bad about it for months afterwards. But there was nothing we could do, and we spent a lot trying to fix him. I think it is unfortunate that some cats leave us at such a young age. And I wonder why many of them can't be with us until they are 15 or 18 years old. I think in the case of Cinnamon, it was just his time. At least you were with him, and he knew you were there. If you had not rescued him, he would have died alone and out in a field somewhere. Instead, he died peacefully with his human parent.

storm and Tuxedo Mom like this.
  31. Govies mom (Karen)

Govies mom (Karen) Well-Known Member

I am very sorry for ur baby's sudden departure. "Our lives are better left to chance, we could've missed the pain, but we'd a had to miss.. the dance"

storm likes this.
  32. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear of Cinnamon's passing.:bighug:
    I lost Sheba in January to pancreatic cancer and there were very few symptoms beforehand except she had had a pancreatic flare in December. Her blood profile done 2 months earlier was the best in years.
    She did get a big belly in the last week and her BSLs had been dropping for a few months and she dropped very low at times. Her ultrasound showed a belly full of fluid. It was only 5 days from diagnosis to her passing.
    Please don't beat yourself up about it. We all do what we think is best at the time for our kitty. I know how shattered I was at the time when it all happened so quickly and how you must have felt.
    Cinnamon was very lucky to have you as a bean and I am very sure he knew it and loved you for it.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Lisa and Smoky, storm and JeffJ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.