Ciaras dose not sure what to give her

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Stella and Ciara, Dec 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stella and Ciara

Stella and Ciara Member

I have been testing Ciara for about two months now and changing the dose according to how her numbers are not sure this is correct but today she would not eat before her injection at 12.30 or so she tested at 17.7 so I gave no insulin
    Then tonight I tested her she was 17.1 and has eaten now not a lot but I think enough what does should I give her if vetsulin
    She was on 1.5 from the vet but I have put it down to 1 unit or .5 sometimes as I don’t want a hypo
    Thanks for any help

2. Stella and Ciara

Stella and Ciara Member

She is not able to walk at all right now

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear Ciara is not feeling well and is unable to walk. This is the welcome board so I am going to ask you to copy your post and re-post it over on the HEALTH board. There is a lot more traffic there and more folks to help you out with your questions. We can help but we don't give dosing advice here on the welcome board because we want to have any dosing suggestions peer reviewed. :)

4. Stella and Ciara

Stella and Ciara Member

Thank you very much
    I decided to give .5 tonight as I feel she seems better without much insulin so will see what her numbers are in the morning
    Will test twice before going out at 2pm

5. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I completely understand you not wanting Ciara to go hypo but when you say she is unable to walk, it concerns me. Sounds like she has diabetic neuropathy and that comes from high BG over a prolonged period of time. The readings you posted are still high and that suggests Ciara likely needs more insulin. We can help you figure this out and help you keep Ciara safe. Please do join us over in Health and let us help you get your little furry girl feeling better. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.