GA Chyna - Sad news

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Larry and Kitties, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I just said goodbye to Chyna. When she arrived at my home Chyna did not eat much which is not unusual when introduced to a new home. Then she ate and acted well. However, that only lasted a few days until she developed a URI. Her appitite decreased and I had to syringe feed her.

She they went further downhill like not moving much and urinating in her bed and not even getting out.

I took her to the vet this Monday. Blood work showed high kidney values (Blood work in November show moderate kidney degradation) , but worse was that her hematocrit (amount of red blood cells) was only 17% when it was last 32% and normal is 28-40%. It was also none regenerative meaning that more red blood cells were not being produced to make up for the low value.

Chyna was a very sweet girl. I wish I had more time with her, I only had her 15 days.

2. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Fly free Chyna girl. Thank you for showing her love for her final days. cat_wings>o

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  3. Ann and Murphy and Tom

Ann and Murphy and Tom Member

I’m sorry for your loss...certainly, she knew you were trying to help her...and God bless you for that...

4. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

It's so hard when there is nothing you can do to save them. I know you gave her lots of love in those 15 days. I'm so sorry, Larry.

Critter Mom and Noah & me (GA) like this.
  5. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

:bighug: She knew love in her last weeks. Fly Free Sweet Chyna, Land Softly:rb_icon:

6. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

You did all you could for her. You gave her a loving home. Her last few days are what's important. Take comfort in knowing that she knew love and loved you in return. Prayers going up for you and this sweet little girl.

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you had to let her go. cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

8. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

So very sorry Larry! She knew love from your short time together.

9. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Larry, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. I know she wasn't with you long, but that doesn't make the loss any easier. I'm glad she could spend her last days surrounded by love. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free, sweet Chyna, land softly at the Bridgecat_wings>o

knowing love.jpg

Critter Mom and Noah & me (GA) like this.
  10. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Larry I'm very sorry for your loss, and it was a wonderful thing you did making her loved and cared for her last days

11. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry Larry, you did do a wonderful thing. 15 days can hurt as much as 15 years.
    All Chyna had to know, and she did, was that somebody cared for and loved her.

12. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I am sorry you lost your friend. All it takes is 10 minutes and they have wormed themselves into your heart and home.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. nmveasey

nmveasey Member

So sorry about Chyna. Sending love your way.

14. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Larry. She couldn't have left this world with any more love surrounding her. Nothing breaks my heart more than when an animal dies while in a shelter without their own family. Bless you for what you do.

Fly free Miss Chyna. Look for my civvie, Homer. He looks exactly like you do.

Best,
    Sandi&Whisper.

15. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

She's so lucky to have known love before she passed. So sorry for your loss.

16. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Larry, it's never easy to loose one of our fur babies, no matter how long they are with us.

Fly Free and land softly sweet Chyna
    [​IMG]

17. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So sorry Larry.

18. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Chyna was with you for so short a time. How unfortunate that she did not perk up and recover.

Fly free sweet kitteh and wait for your Dad at the Bridge.:rb_icon:

19. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Very sorry for your loss, Larry :bighug:. May fond memories of your beloved, Chyna, warm your heart always cat_wings>o.

20. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Very sorry, Larry. Lucky girl that she was safe and surrounded by love in her final moments. RIP, sweet little girl

21. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to read your news, Larry. Thank you for surrounding Chyna with love, care, and safety in these last - most precious - days.

:bighug:

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.