Charlie is OTJ!

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Sarah & Charlie-cat, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Sarah & Charlie-cat

Sarah & Charlie-cat Member

Just popping in here to say hey to the OTJ crowd.

It's been all of two days since our 14-day trial ended and it's really hard not to want to poke him and see what's going on. Waiting a whole week before the next check :nailbiting: Especially because he's been kind of a butthead lately demanding food constantly, all night too. I tried giving him some bigger meals instead of the smaller meals he's been getting and I think he scarfed and barfed since it was all undigested food that came right back up. He's still doing zoomies like a kitten and otherwise looks good, if still a little clingy (he also yells at me for cuddles... get a lynx point siamese they said, it'll be fun). And if my scale is to be believed, put on all of his lost weight and then some, even being on low-calorie diet food.

2. Sarah & Charlie-cat

Me: OMG, I cannot take the suspense of not knowing what is going with your little pancreas.
    Charlie: meow!
    Me: holy moly, 57!
    Charlie: meow!

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Too funny that you couldn't wait a week. :p It's one week, have another poke. ;)

Sarah & Charlie-cat likes this.
  4. Sarah & Charlie-cat

I might have to. He's thrown up undigested food and a hairball, maybe two, recently. But he seems fine otherwise. Thunderous zoomies, still harassing other cats, yelling at me for food, and also cuddles (whose cat yells at them to sit down and make a lap for them? Mine apparently!)

5. Wendy&Neko

Mine too. Plus tries to herd us from whatever room we are in to the sofa cause that's where the princess likes her laps best.

The undigested food and hairball sound IBD related. Hope it's not the OM.

6. Sarah & Charlie-cat

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Hairballs is how his last couple of IBD flairs started. Of course, he refuses to be brushed and they're all rather sheddy right now. He seems to be doing better with not regurgitating undigested food with many smaller meals, so keeping that going. But yeah, I hope he doesn't flair and need to go back in steroids again.

7. Wendy&Neko

I find hairball season is shedding season. Hopefully over soon.

8. Sarah & Charlie-cat

For sure. Two love being brushed, two sort of tolerate it and Charlie and Widget will not, how dare, no thank you. You can chase Charlie around the house and get like one stroke in. Widget, good luck, you would have to catch her. At 6.5lb she is fast, jumps to crazy high places and hides in the smallest of holes

9. Sarah & Charlie-cat

71 today. So, still looking good!

Tilda likes this.