Catio or cat fence experience?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Fonzirelli, Jan 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fonzirelli

Fonzirelli Member

Hi, before my cat was diagnosed with diabetes, I was looking into a cat fence for a portion of my yard. Since then, I haven’t let her go out… Until today when I finally took her on a short jaunt with the leash. Does anyone have any experience with cat fences, or Catios and whether or not would recommend it.

2. Scdal

Scdal Member

I built a cat fence myself over 25 years ago and still have it. It is chain link and attached to my house. I built a 9ft. fence so that there would be enough head room for me. I made it so my cat could go out the back door and be in his yard. I put rolled wire fencing over the top so he couldn't get out. Mine is over 1000 square feet but you don't need to go that large.

I basically just fenced in a large portion of my yard up against my house and put fencing over the top. I have lawn furniture in there as well as my underground tornado shelter. My cat can go in and out as he pleases.

Pookie (GA) and Fonzirelli like this.
  3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

7B50F7E7-1C68-4E9A-9BA2-2A8612689592.jpeg

I have an outdoor catio and the cats love it.

Critter Mom and Fonzirelli like this.
  4. Fonzirelli

Fonzirelli Member

Did you make that yourself?

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

No I bought it. I live in Australia and I bought it online. It cost about $300. Well worth it.
    The same firm sells the necessary equipment to DIY. Some people put up the wire around the side of the house against the house and the fence. It’s a soft wire.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    Critter Mom and Fonzirelli like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.