Cat Treats

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by KyraCat, Sep 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyraCat

KyraCat Member

I got Kyra some new treats as he was getting a little fed up with tuna after each of his tests, we test quite a lot. I bought Feringa sticks (https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_treats_catnip/feringa/816510) after checking the carb content on balanceit.com and they come out at about 3.6% carb. I thought that was OK.

Anyway Kyra had a couple of bits off of one stick last night (he didn't have a whole stick) and we woke up to a 30.2 reading. Have I ballsed up with the treats and these are super bad for him or is this just FD being FD??

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Oh wow... Will take a look at those treats...

jt and trouble (GA) and KyraCat like this.
  3. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

They look fine according to the listed ingredients and the carb count...
    Maybe a bounce from dropping too fast or too far last night...?

jt and trouble (GA) and KyraCat like this.
  4. KyraCat

KyraCat Member

Yeah, maybe. Thanks for double checking for me. I'll see how we go and if the numbers stay up I'll try switching back to tuna.

We went up 0.25 this morning so would like to think we should see better numbers in a day or two.

5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Kyra dipped fairly low on PM cycle of 1 September and was in the stratosphere on the next AMPS.

Maybe he had another good run of blues overnight and bounced, as Eliz suggests above? He has previous. ;)

Mogs

6. KyraCat

KyraCat Member

Very good point Mogs!

Wished I'd done another test later on in the pm cycle now. Hindsight... What a wonderful thing:joyful:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.