? Bubba's getting better, how to tweak dosage?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Jennsen_W, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Jennsen_W

Jennsen_W New Member

I've been working with my vet, who depends on fructosamine testing and whole unit changes in doses (Vetsulin, U40). We started with 2 units because his numbers were so high and based on my spotty early home testing and urine glucose tests ramped up to 4 units. After a fructosamine test we upped to 5 units last week and things are looking so much better (see spreadsheet). We are also getting a better diet, but I'm not sure how close I should be tracking his numbers now and how often I should be adjusting his dosages. I am ok with just going slow and depending on the vet double checking me. I do still worry about him as Bubba still has a lot of urination. I think he might have some nerve damage to his back feet or legs as he is often stepping in the litter blobs. I just want to make sure he's got the best health I can get for him.

Here is his spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZFTzRW-ZuPvgSFhcXKPf5_jpQToIHcjv78ojFxCubo8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
  2. Jennsen_W

Jennsen_W New Member