? Bouncing?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kelley and Pip, Apr 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelley and Pip

Kelley and Pip Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if I am looking at a potential bounce? I have a hard time understanding the concept so I'm not quite sure. I realize I really need an overnight curve but at 140 PSPM I am not going to give 1u of Vetsulin especially since I will be gone from +3 to +5.

Can someone have a peak at her spreadsheet and give any insight.

TY!

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kelley,
    Without any tests in the PM cycle it makes it hard to see if bounces are happening, but with the one test you have got I can see Pip is dropping lower after the PMPS.
    We can only see 1/2 the picture at the moment as we have no idea what is happening at night with the BGs.
    Are you able to get any tests in during the PM cycles? Even a before bed test would be helpful. But if that test in lower than the preshot BG you would need to set the alarm and test a couple of hours later.
    With today’s am numbers, it does look as if Pip is coming off a bounce and that is probably why the PMPS BG was lower than normal.
    He is responding well to insulin which is good. Often cats who have come out of remission are hard to regulate again.

Was he on vetsulin last time?

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  3. Kelley and Pip

Kelley and Pip Member

@Bron and Sheba (GA) I just tested her again and it was 221 at a no shot in the PM so shes 20 hours without insulin. She was on Vetsulin before and if remember correctly it was only a couple weeks until she was in remission.

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I don’t think she is ready to come back off insulin.
    There are a couple of things I would do
    Try getting at least 2 tests in during the pm cycles so we can see what Pip is up to.
    I would reduce to 0.75 units and see if you can shoot both cycles.
    Are you offering snacks during the cycles as well as preshot?

5. Kelley and Pip

Kelley and Pip Member

Yes offering snacks during cycles. I just did her AMPS and its 268 she is eating now and will give 0.75.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.