Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

How long before the 163 test did Blue eat, Patty?

Mogs

3. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Patty and Blue GA & Brat Well-Known Member

Yes, but makes a lot more sense reading it now. Need to keep it handy!
    I guess I'm thinking if feeding causes an increase does it keep going up from the increase or could it go back down. Sounds like a reserve should keep it level....at least a few more hours.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

About 45 minutes to an hour.

5. tiffmaxee

Food effects the bg up to 2 hours. I doubt he will come down more.

6. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Ok thx. I'll be curious to see what he tests tonight.

7. tiffmaxee

Me too!

8. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

9. tiffmaxee

He’s bouncing from that 95. It’s to be expected. He hasn’t been there in a long time. Now we see how long it takes to clear. It can take up to six cycles but I doubt he will take that long. Get a +2-3 just to see what he’s up to and to get used to his trend. :bighug:

10. tiffmaxee

Patty, it’s up to you whether you stay here or move to the Lantus Forum. You have folks watching out for you here too.

11. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

443 @ +2
    I might stay until I feel more comfortable. I looked on that forum and there were lots of people posting BG numbers. Is that normal? With so many people I'm not sure I'm ready. Thank you for being so positive when I feel like crying. I'm happy then sad. This really is difficult watching numbers fluctuate so much.

Critter Mom likes this.
  12. tiffmaxee

:bighug: I cried a lot at first. I was so overwhelmed. There’s a huge learning curve. Yes the bg numbers get posted in the subject. That lets us know who needs help. There’s a format used in one of the links. Everyone posts one condo/thread per day. That way they aren’t so long. Time for a new one tomorrow. You can get a +4 or call it a night. It’s up to you.

13. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

If I'm still awake I’ll get another. So the other forum has new people as well?

14. tiffmaxee

Most with cats on Lantus post on that forum. They just do an intro on main. I’ve noticed several stay on main lately. I rarely checked over here in the past. Lately I get tagged a lot so I do. You really can stop for tonight. He won’t go too low.

15. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

The LBL board is heavily subscribed and fast moving, and it can be a bit overwhelming. It's fine to keep paddling here for a while until you feel ready to take the plunge. :)

There were plenty of waterworks over here too. :arghh:

It's not every day that one gets turned into one's kitty's artificial pancreas - it's quite the growth opportunity! And the emotional rollercoaster often shadows the ups and downs of one's kitty's blood glucose numbers.

Soon Blue and yourself will get into a routine that works well for you both. The strange and scary will become the familiar and manageable, much quicker than you probably think right now, and we're here to help along the way.

As your data accumulates you'll be able to see much better how Blue is doing on his insulin. This will help you to feel more reassured and confident that you can do this sugar dance, and do it well. :)

There will come a day when it all just 'clicks' and you'll feel much calmer (apart from the odd pyjama party here and there :rolleyes:).

The numbers are only a guide. Seeing our little ones feeling better and better is the goal - and watching them recover is a source of great joy. :cat:

:bighug:

Mogs

16. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Your encouragement was needed as I learn this new disease and follow Blue's progress. I get very excited when I see a low number only to get frustrated the next test when I see over 500 or even higher. I'm going to start a new thread now and I have good news and a question...

17. Dusty & Roe

Dusty & Roe Member

Patty just wanted to say you are doing GREAT ! I’m so Glad to hear Blue is not giving you a hard time what a Sweetie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.