biting in a weird area...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by dd & savannah, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dd & savannah

dd & savannah Member

Hi,

About a few weeks ago my DH and I noticed that Savannah must have bit her boobie (yeah I know I just can't say the technical term). It was red, and looked like there were teeth marks. I put some Neosporin on it and it healed within a few days. However today, I just noticed she did it again. Should I take her to the vet? I don't notice her biting or scratching so it's not something she's doing often or excessively.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    dd

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Gosh I dont know but this will bump your post up for others to see. I *guess* I'd take her in to the Vet.
    jeanne

3. dd & savannah

dd & savannah Member

I guess I will call them on Monday. It doesn't seem to bother her, I never notice her actually doing it. I wonder if she just has some sort of allergy or irritation and they can give us an ointment.
    Thx!

4. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Could be something 'simple' like irritated skin or something serious internally...animals have been known to bite areas that hurt.

Whatever you do, don't give her steroids, and if she doesn't improve take her back for further tests

Jen

5. dd & savannah

dd & savannah Member

We were in about a month ago for something else and we had tons of tests done..nothing had come up then so I am going to try and not worry. I will def. make an appt. though. I am wondering since she has had some high bg days if her skin is dry...she does occasionally get dandruff.

Thx!
    dd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.