BG # question PMBG 49/39, +1 47, +2 69, +3 65

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Meridith and Zeke, Nov 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meridith and Zeke

Meridith and Zeke Well-Known Member

Zeke has been regularly staying within the mid to upper yellows with one or 2 pinks each day. Why would he suddenly drop so low when nothing else has changed? I know we have been on his current dose longer then normal but we have been actually doing a little experiment to see if we can tell better how his food has been affecting him (the same flavor 2 straight days in a row etc).

When I did his ps, he was at 47, retested and it was 49. Stalled 15 minutes and tested again and he was 39 so we just skipped the shot. His +1 is 49 so coming back up. Just really throwing me off that he would suddenly drop like this.

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Last few days, he has been dropping later in the cycle than normal. Very strange. Same vial/pen of Lantus, right?

Meridith and Zeke likes this.
  3. Meridith and Zeke

Actually started a new pen yesterday morning.

4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Ahh, that might be the reason. It's good to add that on the SS

5. Meridith and Zeke

So the other pen might have been going bad?

6. Bronx's dad (GA)

Could be, but he did also nadir on 10/31 late in the cycle too. Hard to figure out.

7. Meridith and Zeke

Zeke has always been confusing. At least he has been having more days that are close to flat lol. Thanks to using a caliper.

8. Bronx's dad (GA)

I would deduct that the new pen has a little more oomph than the last one. But i am pretty new to this game, hopefully the pros can chime in.

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I'm thinking too that the new pen is more potent and perhaps the last pen was losing steam. How old was it?

10. Meridith and Zeke

The expiration for our current pens are next year. From the first dosage of the last pen was only 1 1/2 months ago, and I keep them in the fridge.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  11. Meridith and Zeke

This is crazy. It looks like he is starting to hold in the greens without a shot!?!? What in the world is this crazy cat doing?

@Chris & China Do you have any ideas?

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Could you change the PMPS to PMBG (PM blood glucose) or +12. That indicates that you did not shoot that 49/39. :eek: Congrats on the reduction.
    Any chance the pens were stored near something frozen that was thawing? Or a hot thing that was cooling? Where in the fridge do you store them.
    He got good duration from the last shot. I expect he'll be rather higher by +24.

Might want to put food experiment notes in the Remarks section too. They can all be clues to a puzzle.

13. Meridith and Zeke

Done!

I keep them in a location in the fridge that doesn't get that cold and I even keep a thermostat in the container that they are in so every time I am in the fridge I can check that location temp. I make sure to not put anything frozen or heated near them also.

Me too, just wondering when the rise is going to start. Wasn't expecting this low to last so long.

I will get notes added for what we are doing on the food. Basically we someone not too long ago mentioned about friskies changing labels and possibly also formula and since we were seeing a bit of crazy stuff happening, started doing only one flavor of food for a couple days at a time to see if it was the food causing it. Will probably continue this on for another week and see if this happens again. Though the reduction is probably going to have a little effect on this too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.