?!! BG CONFUSION??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by CORKY, Apr 25, 2024.

1. CORKY

CORKY Member

Still confused! Corky goes to bed with the last test with low BG's @+7 from 109 - 165 BG However since 4/16
    except for 2 days he been waking up on AMPS with a very High BG, is there an answer to that especially when I, have been making sure that his last meals are between 0-5 % Carbs, convincing myself that even having lows 100's he will be ok in mornings, in the past, I would freak out and alter the last meal with 1/4-1/2 tsp of Florentine in light sauce (MC) and strangely enough, in the mornings his BG's never reached these highs. And now that I have taught myself NO TO DO THIS , I get the opposite results... Any input or understanding this behavior will be so appreciated :bighug::cat::cat: :confused::confused: :banghead:

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

You need to color code your +5 as blue (187). It’s yellow right now.

3. Suzanne & Darcy

He’s only had one good AMPS since about 4/15, you’re correct.

Does he have to eat an entire half a can at his evening +4 snack?

And you said from now on you were only going to feed tuna flake zero carbs at that snack.

4. CORKY

CORKY Member

Correct on first remark, change the color on the 187 reading. He has always had 1/2 a can, I ran out of Tuna Flake and Publix or Walmar had any in stock, so I found this off the food chart, he does like it after all, Chunky Chicken Feast 4% carbs instead.
    should I feed less than 1/2 can?, his next meal would be 6:00AM and of course he doesn't have to eat 1/2 he must eat what's best for him. Your call, I am concerned, really, and honestly if you read my remarks (notes) I had added MC on last test feed him being low and his morning BG has been yellow if not blue??:confused:

5. Suzanne & Darcy

Well I want to make sure that he gets enough calories. If he’s maintaining his weight and is not overweight then don’t change anything about the amount. He could just eat a larger portion earlier in the evening and less at +4. But we don’t really know what has changed about Corky’s numbers lately — why all the pink AMPS.

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Now as to his dose, if you want to try an increase to 1 unit then you can. Just be prepared to see some greens, with possibly something close to 50. Also, you would have to be prepared to shoot lower preshots.

7. Suzanne & Darcy

8. CORKY

CORKY Member

:arghh: I shoot just behind front shoulder blade and alternate side to side, sometimes I go for belly fat, but he moves too quickly, I believe I used the scruff at the beginning, I find it so much easier that as he eats I just go along his side and BAMB! he doesn't even know what hit him. he's really good about everything
    I could a bit less than 1 I do not know if I can handle those 50's, I can try Saturday Morning, to 1 unit but Corky is sooo Dramatic ( of course so am I0 it takes one to know one ), we are going to fall on both extremes here, your call

9. Suzanne & Darcy

If you are already doing a true .75 fat dose then you are already almost shooting 1 full unit.

CORKY likes this.
  10. CORKY

CORKY Member

Suzanne, the Food Chart tells me the Chunky Chicken Feast has 4% Carb, but I am not so sure, just look at the numbers and read the food @ the times he ate them, is there a relation? or imagination?? I think is the Highs, I will begin the increase @ AMPS, God Help me time to take out my Hypo Kit and have it on hand

11. Suzanne & Darcy

Now don’t work yourself into a frenzy beforehand. First, you do have a hypo kit IF needed. Second, we are not talking about a huge increase for Corky. A fat .75 is basically the same thing as a skinny 1 unit. We are talking about taking him to 1 unit. Third, when you are testing and feeding Corky you are in control. You are holding all the cards! If you don’t want to increase then don’t increase.

CORKY likes this.
  12. CORKY

CORKY Member

thank you for the encouraging words. can you find out for me to be sure. the Carbs in the Chunky Chicken Feast? I am holding on that flavor until I am sure the food chart is correct, in the meantime I will be giving as last small meal Corky is more important than my fears:bighug::bighug::bighug::cat::cat:;)
    P.S.
    AMPS - 1.0 u

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
  13. Suzanne & Darcy

Just be patient with Corky. He is having a very flat yellow cycle today, isn’t he!

14. CORKY

CORKY Member

15. CORKY

CORKY Member

Yes even with the increase, 1.0u , Strange! knowing Corky, I'll probably start running by PMPS shot, he Loves to unsettle e, I guess he want more attention

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
  16. Suzanne & Darcy

I’m expecting that he may have a lower PMPS, yes. But now Corky will try to make me look like a fool! Anyway, remember that it was not a full quarter of a unit increase. It was only half of a .25…. So an eighth of a unit increase, if you like. That is a .125 in decimals. But it should be enough for you to start seeing better numbers, I hope. I would particularly like to see those pink AMPS go away.

17. CORKY

CORKY Member

increase to 1.25??? that's 2 increases in less than 12 hours, I don't mean to undermine your expertise, but you know that when Corky hits that first green, we are in trouble, with respect, could we wait to see what the evening brings us? are we going backwards? 12/07/23-12/18/2023 was the last time he had 1.25u that was a while back, What happened? we were doing so so great until 4/13 that we got that first purple, and everything went to crap, just tested and you are correct at the same time, he doesn't go down to blues, he's 218 right now

18. Suzanne & Darcy

No no no. I am not saying to do another increase!

19. Suzanne & Darcy

That is not at all what I said above.
    You were disappointed in his reaction to this morning’s increase. So I was merely pointing out that the increase to 1 unit this morning — from his previous dose of a fat .75 — is not even a full .25 unit increase. It’s a very tiny increase from a fat .75 to 1 unit (it is only 1/8 unit more than he was getting with the fat .75). So it may not produce any startling changes. You would not make any more increases for at least one week.

Anyway, don’t worry about my observation on the tiny amount of increase. Just hold the new dose of 1 for at least 7 days, BG numbers permitting.

20. CORKY

CORKY Member

Oh thank GOD!! so we are on the same page, still especially today across the board nothing but high Yellows, just now he tested 232,
    am baffled have not see seen this consistency in Corky, nothing but 0-5% carbs for food increase of insulin and he still does not react? let's see what PMPS brings I do not care if I do not sleep tonight, but I am really hoping I do not, because I will be thrill to see low or very low numbers tonight I will be testing hourly after PMPS, I still have the feeling:bighug::bighug::bighug::arghh::(:confused::kiss: so many emotions!!!!:cat::cat:

Attached Files:

21. Suzanne & Darcy

I really am hoping for a better cycle tonight.

CORKY likes this.
  22. CORKY

CORKY Member

me too, believe me:bighug::bighug::cat::cat:!!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  23. CORKY

CORKY Member

Play time!! PMPS. 200

24. CORKY

CORKY Member

cannot open file, It's party time PMPS 200

25. Suzanne & Darcy

26. Suzanne & Darcy

Have you not tested his +2? There’s nothing on his spreadsheet.

27. CORKY

CORKY Member

just did sorry I was in the shower 175, We still have + 4 left that's the key number

28. Suzanne & Darcy

Good. That’s not bad for a +2 since ProZinc onsets at about +2. I am glad he’s gone down a little bit.

29. CORKY

CORKY Member

Suzanne @9:45 104 BG, we till have till 10:15 the insulin kicks in please make me feel better and tell me one more time, what to give him under 100, I do not feel comfortable with the new dose and under 100 going to sleep, if necessary I won't:arghh:

30. Suzanne & Darcy

Just give him his snack of low carb food. Whatever he usually eats at this time. It’s going to be okay. There’s nothing dangerous happening.

31. CORKY

CORKY Member

ok but I will continue to test before feeding until 10:45 then feed if you can keep watch on SS and post in case I need you and you are not busy I will appreciate it I am really nervous:bighug::cat::cat:

32. Suzanne & Darcy

I can see him going into green but not too low. I will keep checking in. I am not going to be going to sleep for a while. I haven’t even eaten dinner yet. Going to go make Snow Crabs now.

CORKY likes this.
  33. Suzanne & Darcy

But I’ll be back!!

34. CORKY

CORKY Member

Snow Crab?? Mean If you go on my FB page look up Mayte Jorge, that’s my profile, you will see some mean seafood platters I sell Love to eat them love to catch them making them ‘BON AAPETITE’

35. CORKY

CORKY Member

Enjoy!?we need a new thread. Calling it
    BG CONFUSSION CON’T

36. Suzanne & Darcy

I
    t not a good idea to start a new thread in the middle of a cycle