Best automatic feeders, UK based

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Douglas_my ginger cat, Aug 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Douglas_my ginger cat

Douglas_my ginger cat Member

Hi,

I currently use the Cat Mate C50 automatic feeder, however the automatic dispense times cannot go lower than 5 hours due to the 'pins' space. Does anyone know of any good automatic feeders that can possibly dispense every 3 hours or so?

Thanks in advance!!!

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

3. Georgiana & Perlutz

Georgiana & Perlutz Member

I’m using Cat Mate C20 and you can set it up in 1 hour increments (even a bit less but it takes a bit of work and very good eye sight :D). Comes with an ice pack as well, perfect for the rare days like today :joyful:

I’ve had mine for just over a year and I’m very happy with it. I use it every day (night time feed) and I haven’t even changed the batteries yet!

4. Douglas_my ginger cat

Douglas_my ginger cat Member

Thanks! I see the C20 only has two compartments, I need 3 (story of my life :rolleyes:). I have to say though, that I am impressed with the Cat Mate so they must do other variations in the range, will check it out.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  5. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

This is a post Mogs wrote to me recently on the subject:

"Here's a post I wrote a while back about the timed feeders I've used, their strengths and weaknesses. Depending on the situation, one feeder may benefit the cat more than another. I still have the Petsafe, a couple of C20s and a couple of C10s. (I've not used the Catmate C500.)

Review of Pet Feeders

6. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

7. Georgiana & Perlutz

Georgiana & Perlutz Member

If space is not a concern, you can get 2 C20s :D

I’ve had the one in the link below. Has 6 slots, it’s digital so you can set a certain time, even has voice recognition. The only issue I’ve had with it was Perlutz not wanting to eat out of it anymore :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    https://www.petplanet.co.uk/p18065/...IzFnW_qH69knfKWoRnIyQBz_ksKePICMaAonPEALw_wcB

8. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Thank you, Karen. Saved me the bother. :smuggrin:

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.