Balthazar dosing advice (Open)

You have been having some blue nadirs — and one green. Good job shooting the 2.5 today during the daytime cycle. I wish I knew what the nadir was for that day. Whatever it was, he went into red by PMPS. I don’t think it would have been a super low number, but I would like to know. I hope he has a good cycle tonight.
 
Hi, yeah he had some good cycles last couple of days and especially last night. Unfortunately was at work today so could not test. Will get the +4 and possibly +6 tonight. This usually happens (going higher) after he had a great cycle so I shouldn't be surprised but I really hoped that he finally broke the red PMPS and atleast stayed in the pinks for the PMPS. AMPS was still work in progress getting him into more pinks.
 
Hi, yeah he had some good cycles last couple of days and especially last night. Unfortunately was at work today so could not test. Will get the +4 and possibly +6 tonight. This usually happens (going higher) after he had a great cycle so I shouldn't be surprised but I really hoped that he finally broke the red PMPS and atleast stayed in the pinks for the PMPS. AMPS was still work in progress getting him into more pinks.
I do hope the preshot numbers will start to come down too! I would like to see him spending more time in green and lower blues.
 
Hey, small question. I went to the vet today to pick up a backup insulin bottle for Balti. They sent me an message that I need to have his bloodwork done 4-6 times a year. The sticker they put on the packaging said 1-2 times a year a checkup. What is normal for bloodwork? Because honestly I am feeling a bit of a cash cow with 4-6 times a year extensive bloodwork. If it is necessary then it is necessary, but would like your opinion so that I can make a more informed decision before forking over hundreds of euros multiple times a year.

Thanks!
 
Hi Kelly! Of course, I do not think that much bloodwork is necessary! I would do bloodwork at most every six months as is usually recommended for a senior kitty — unless there are other health conditions that need to be monitored more frequently like chronic kidney disease or hyperthyroidism, etc. Will you have any difficulty getting your refills? I hope not!
 
Hi, no did not have any difficulty getting the refill (honestly I think they are happy that I am not bothering them with dosing anymore) but was really surprised by the message urging me to do bloodwork 4-6 times a year. It is probably a new "guideline" as they still put a sticker on the packaging that said 1-2 times per year.
 
Hello Kelly! I am just checking in on you and Balti. How is everything? Are you getting ready to go on holiday? I see the browned out cells coming up on your sheet. Do you plan to do a “vacation dose” for Balti?
 
Hey, hope you are doing well!
Everything is going ok. Balti had a period more than a week ago where I had to decrease him 3 times. And last week I had to go up again but I was too much away to be able to monitor so I only did that Thursday evening.
Unfortunately I wont be going on vacation as my mom was admitted to the hospital yesterday. Moreover, she is also still not able to draw blood from the ears from Balti so that is also still a small issue (and his numbers are all over the place, so shooting without checking definitely is not an option) thats why we decided that it was best that I stay home for now and we watch again around Christmas time or next year.
 
Back
Top