B-Complex Suitable for CKD Cats - Recommendation Needed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Critter Mom, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi all,

My civvie, Lúnasa (aka the Noodle), needs a B vitamin supplement.

I used the ProVet B-complex and Jarrow B-Right B-complex supplements for Saoirse. Unfortunately the former is currently not available and the formulation of the latter has been changed in the interim to include calcium phosphate ( :rolleyes: ).

I'd be very grateful if any members with CKD kitties could please point me in the direction of a suitable B supplement for my little one.

Mogs

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Critter Mom

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Mogs --

Did you look on Tanya's site to see what she's recommending? When I have had to to use a B-complex, my vet handed me a bottle and a very big syringe!

I'm going to tag @Marje and Gracie. She often has good information on supplements.

4. Critter Mom

@Sienne and Gabby (GA) -

Thanks for replying Sienne. Yep, I did check on Tanya's Site. That's where I got the info about the formula change. Thanks, too, for tagging Marje for me. I'm stuck.

Mogs

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Does it need to be a general B-vitamin or would one of the metabolites be acceptable?

Check on the Vitacost site. They are a reputable supplier. I linked their page on B-vitamins since I wasn't sure exactly what you're looking for.

FWIW, I've getting my lysine from them for years. Jill turned me on to them.

6. Critter Mom

Thanks for the link and the testimonial, Sienne. :)

The Noodler needs a full B-complex supplement. (Pardon my iggerance but I don't understand what you mean by metabolites in this context.)

I've just checked and there are a few US suppliers on eBay offering to ship to the UK. Delivery time's an issue at the moment but useful for future orders if they're suitable. More ingredient lists... :rolleyes:

Mogs

7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Hey Mogs

The Jarrows has such a tiny amount of calcium phosphate in it and if you are giving it for CKD, you give just a tiny amount. The support group for Tanya’s states because it’s such a miniscule amount, it’s still the preferred multiB. If you aren’t giving it for CKD and are worried about the calcium and phosphate for some other reason, the only other one I’m aware of is Mercola’s Vit B Complex but I’ve never looked closely at the ingredients because I’ve never used it.

8. Critter Mom

Hi there, Marje.

Thank you for the info. I've got some of the Jarrow's on order now. Yep, it is for CKD.

I've also found a liquid B-complex formulation (Metabolics is the brand). Its formulation is very close to the liquid one mentioned on Tanya's Site but which appears to have been discontinued. I've ordered some of that too. It doesn't appear to have anything dodgy ingredient-wise, Needless to say, I'll doublecheck it when it arrives. If there is anything iffy for kitties it won't go to waste as I can take it myself. :)

As always, I appreciate your help, Marje. I hope you are keeping well in yourself.

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.