? Are Fancy Feast Naturals as low in carbs as conventional Fancy Feast?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA), Sep 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Jack has been sick for the last week, and he's not eating well. We've seen a vet, two times, and it appears as though he has some kind of infection going on and problems, as usual, with his pancreatic enzymes. He lost a pound and a half within a week and a half. He is not as sick today as he was on Saturday, and as of last night he's looking even better. But he's still not eating normally. I've discovered that he will gobble down an entire can of Fancy Feast. I would prefer to buy him the natural Fancy Feast, but I don't know if they're as low in carbs as the other Fancy Feast. Inquiring minds want to know...

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

But right now, I'm also worried about his blood glucose as he's in remission and I don't want to put him out of remission during this. So for now, it may be Fancy Feast Naturals just to get him to eat. Thanks for the quick response!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You might try Fancy Feast Kitten.....while you do want to limit the carbs due to the diabetes, you want to add calories to add weight and kitten foods are usually higher in calories

5. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

I'll do that! Thanks.

6. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

I think I'm going to stick with plain old regular Fancy Feast Pate, because I know he loves them and I'm just trying to get him to eat for now. When he's well again, he can go back to raw food that, for some reason, he's not eating right now.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  7. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Hope Jack feels better soon. :bighug:

8. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

Thank you. He's definitely better than he was, but he's not himself. It breaks my heart when he gets sick like this, and he does this periodically. I'm so happy that he's eating Fancy Feast! It also gives me the chance to add a lot of additional water to it.

Panic and jt and trouble (GA) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.