Apache's spreadsheet journey

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Apache & Ric, Mar 5, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apache & Ric

Apache & Ric Member

i have filled out my spreadsheet for all to review and one member suggested i go to 1.75 units. i will be doing that next cycle and will post up numbers on the spreadsheet. she now gets one can (3oz) at feeding and 1/2 can split into 2 snacks at 2hrs and 4hr. my BG readings will be at 3hr, 5hr, 7hrs, that spread seems to cover where her nadir will be (usually 5hrs). any further guidance will be appreciated !

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sorry -- I don't know that I would agree with raising the dose. With Vetsulin, you reduce the dose if numbers are below 90. You are currently seeing a bounce. When your cat's numbers drop into a lower range, the liver and pancreas panic and release a stored form of glucose along with counterregulatory hormones that cause the numbers to spike back up. In addition, given the short duration that is typical of Vetsulin, you will see higher numbers at pre-shot times.

This is information on dosing with Vetsulin.

3. Apache & Ric

Apache & Ric Member

too late , she just got her shot. the member who suggested i go to 1.75 said i was reducing the dose

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It may depend on when they made the suggestion. You reduced the dose from 2.5 to 1.5u on 3/4. Generally, you hold the dose for a week. You raised the dose from 1.5 to 1.75u today.

5. Apache & Ric

Apache & Ric Member

the suggestion was made this morning.i was doint a 1.5 dose to kinda start over as you can see by the 1.5 few cycles and i WAS going to stay there for a week till i got questionable advise. i have sent you a private message , can u please read and respond thanx !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.