Anyone ever mistakenly leave insulin out overnight?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Sybil and Zoe, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Sybil and Zoe

Sybil and Zoe Member

I always worry about leaving it out and have been so careful but doggone it last night I left it out overnight. It is a new bottle about a week old. I hope it will be ok. I have had a lot of feeding issues again just when I thought I had them licked. Worry about my other cat loosing and not eating enough on her sisters diabetic diet had me slipping her treats and of course Zoe is not having that. Long story short I am back to square one trying to get them to eat the pate. They want treats! Zoe will gladly let me inject her if I give her a few treats. I put them on the tray with the test and inject equipment and I draw up the insulin and get the strip ready. She smells the treats and will come over and eventually get on sofa with me. I am afraid to leave them to put the insulin away until after all is done. Sadly, I slipped up and forgot to put the insulin away. Anyone else ever do that??

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Many people have done similar. It should be OK as long as the room temperature wasn't too high.

3. Sybil and Zoe

Sybil and Zoe Member

thanks!!, no the room temp was on the cool side. So many issues...lol

Kris & Teasel likes this.