Any experience with Koha Limited Ingredient food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by AndreaStef, May 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndreaStef

AndreaStef New Member

Hi - does anyone have any experience with koha limited ingredient diet wet food? Our extremely low carb option was recently discontinued and looking for a high quality, low carb food that does not have fillers such as grains, vegetables, etc. Our previous food was 0.5% carbs guaranteed (2% dry matter basis) and I really do not want to go above this as we have been in remission for over a year now!

The information below is what I was able to get from their website, so it looks like the Turkey and Chicken pate are below 2%.

Any insight would be great!

upload_2022-5-5_14-30-7.png

Thi

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

We've had lots of people use the Koha foods, especially with cats that also have IBD. They are great quality!!

Hopefully your kitty will like them! (you really don't need to be overly worried about whether the food is 2% or 7%...as long as it's under 10%, your kitty's pancreas should be able to handle it) Some cats can be super-sensitive to carbs but they are the exception, not the rule.

3. AndreaStef

AndreaStef New Member

Thank you - my one cat is in remission and my other cat has been known to have some stomach issues so figured it was a good try! I introduced it yesterday in Turkey and Chicken and they finished it all. I might also mix in the Hounds and Gato 98% meat recipes with the Koha as I also hear good things about that as well.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

My only gripe was that I wanted to get a can or two to sample with my cat with IBD. They would only sell me a sampler pack and the only food Gizmo could eat was the rabbit. I didn't want to purchase a case of a food he wouldn't eat and unlike other manufacturers, they weren't willing to be helpful. This was shortly after their food came on the market so hopefully, their customer service has become more customer oriented.

5. RCB & Mitsu

RCB & Mitsu Member

I have found the product to be inconsistent. My advice is to buy from Koha directly, and never a store. Even straight from Koha, there are times it looks off, and my cat won't eat it. Today for example, this can she won't eat at all.

I've seen the food itself range from pink/purple meaty color, to off white. Some with tons of liquid, some with none. The 3oz cans seem to be more consistent, while the large cans can vary more.

6. alio

alio Member

For what it's worth, I've had the exact same experience with Koha as @RCB & Mitsu describes above; the only difference is I've only ever bought direct from Koha and still noticed the consistency issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.