? Another question on food- dog food for cats

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Olive & Paula, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Okay, so trying to get my civvies on better cat food and off dry. I was able to get my dry addicted to EVO and Epigen 90 (won't touch YA). She will only lick one brand, one flavor wet. Tux will only eat ProPlan beef and carrots and Trippers wet food. PJ eats anything right now. The ProPlan has changed.

I did buy one can of Merrick Limited Ingredient Lamb DOG food. Tripper devoured it. Probably the most wet she's eaten in her entire 13 yrs and it wasn't much.

I don't see taurine in it. Does anyone know how much or anything else I should add?

Merrick doesn't have lamb for cats.

Thanks in advance. Paula

Squalliesmom likes this.
  2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I can't help with the ingredients you'd need to add, except to say I know you'd need to add the taurine. Natural Instincts makes a limited ingredient lamb, for what it's worth. I had Candy (IBD) on it for a while, but she doesn't like lamb.

3. Olive & Paula

Tried that one. None of them would eat it. I'm not going to rush out and buy this. Want to make sure she still eats it next week and after. For now I will give only a little bit a day.

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Ziwipeak has Lamb & Lamb/Rabbit. Stuff ain't cheap though.

5. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Does Tripper like beef? Nulo, at Petsmart, has a beef and lamb that Colin loves.

6. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Yeah, my guys didn't care for it, either.

7. Olive & Paula

Tried that. She wouldn't touch it.

8. Olive & Paula

She only licks Purina One beef smartblend been that way for years. She the worst eater. I have nulo here now. Only PJ eats it. Trip and Tux won't eat homemade or raw either.

I see the merrick bristo, going to try to find a few cans and she if she eats that.

9. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

Most dog food is higher in carbs. They have more starches and non meat ingredients. Watch out or corn gluten, wheat gluten, potatoes and vegetables. Not for carnivores.

Critter Mom likes this.
  10. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I have a cat here like that. Will eat a small bit of canned food and that's it. He's a kibble addict, but I found he kinda likes freeze dried raw- not frozen raw though. What about mixing some of the dog food with some of the cat food she kind of likes, then slowly decrease the amount of dog food.

Critter Mom likes this.
  11. Olive & Paula

I will try these. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.