AMPS 154 went up so shot this morning.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kylee and Her Mom Renee', Oct 18, 2018.

1. Kylee and Her Mom Renee'

Kylee and Her Mom Renee' Member

I withheld the shot for 2 1/2 days. Her BG AMPS today was 154. She seeemed like she was asking me to give her her shot. I first fed her then gave her a fat .50. I went back to bed and after she ate she climbed up on chest like she did when I brought her home after adopting her. She snuggled and was purring!! It was as if to say thank you. Don't tell me our babies don't talk to us. I get emotional trying to type this. Sweet girl.
    I am going to get her some FF classic pate' tomorrow. And call around to see if I can get freeze dried treats for her. I have to get more test strips too.
    Thank you all for helping me. I appreciate it so much. And I know Kylee does too.

Bellasmom and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

That's so sweet!! Kitty purrs are good for the soul :)

3. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Is there any way you can get a few more tests in ? Especially at night. To see what the insulin is doing.It's important to do tests at night . ( you don't have any?)The BG usually drops the lowest in the evening.
    Ravan usually goes the lowest at +5 to +7 at night. He's dropped to the 30's at night. It's a natural reaction in their bodies, even without insulin, to go lower at night.

I was reading what you wrote about her peeing outside the Litter box & drinking a lot of water. That is a sign of diabetes. It's possible you can control it eventually with low carb food. But for now she probably does need some insulin.
    You know it's given every 12 hours.

Hang in there. Everyone here only wants to do what's best for Kylee. Ask questions, the more you understand the easier it will get.:)

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Do you ever order from chewy.com? They have freeze dried treats. Actually you should be able to find Pure Bites most places. I’m glad Kylee is feeling good.

5. Kylee and Her Mom Renee'

Kylee and Her Mom Renee' Member

Yes, I shop at Chewy. We have an outside cat that has lots of friends that love her food too. It is a great place to get pet stuff.