? Alphatrack Wrong Code- Increase dose

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kelley and Pip, Apr 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelley and Pip

Kelley and Pip Member

So it turns out I had the wrong code input into the Alphatrack meter for every test on the spreadsheet until the PM 3+ tonight. If that's true and it's 399 right now after insulin I can only imagine all the other numbers have been way off and decreasing her from 1u to .5u is doing her no good. Should I test her again with the old code to see how far off they were and increase back to 1u. I was so optimistic with the numbers I was seeing and now I feel a little beaten down and guilty for not noticing.

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Maybe
    @JanetNJ
    or
    @Panic

Could help
    Thanks Ladies

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Having the wrong code, as long as it's a cat code, won't change the numbers THAT much. Just enter the correct code going forward.

4. Kelley and Pip

Kelley and Pip Member

@JanetNJ Can peak at the spreadsheet. Her numbers were way higher after calibration.

5. JanetNJ

True. What was the code you had in there before? Was it a cat code just the wrong code?

6. Kelley and Pip

Kelley and Pip Member

@JanetNJ It was 14 which I haven't found to be a cat code anywhere. So just the wrong code. I am planning on switching over to ReliOn meter once I am out of test strips for the Alpha track for something more cost effective.

7. JanetNJ

ah ok that's why such a difference. It might be a dog code or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.