Alice 10/23 AMPS 99! :D

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AliceMeowliss (GA), Oct 23, 2019.

1. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

yesterday

What an exciting start today with that 99! Of course right before I leave for a week she starts showing some nice action on this dose. How to make mom nervous! I’m glad she gets to feel better more often though. :)

I will get a +2 I think. Her polyphagia seems to maybe decrease just slightly when her BGL is balanced. After the 87 last night at +6 I made sure she ate another 1/4 can++ before I was asleep. I wanted to give her a chance to surf and I’m glad I did. Yay!

I think I have a couple of responses and someone said to look at their SS so I will need to go back and do my replies a bit later.... busy, tired bee today! Bzzzzzz.

Hopefully I will have some downtime on this little vacation to get on the board more.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Alice today. I hope she keeps surfing for you. I hope you are feeling better.

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

She's probably looking at your calendar - seeing your plans...and she's gonna do her 'thang'...

Have a great day Cassandra! :)

4. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

They pull this stuff at the most inopportune times don't they? :rolleyes: But wow! Nice numbers Alice!
    Hope you feel better today Cassandra, have a good one! :bighug:

5. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Beautiful start this morning - good job last night! Cassandra, I hope you keep feeling better - wishes of strength to you.
    It will be nice when things settle down and you can post more condos. We all have to do other things though - it's nice to catch up with you and your little dolly Alice.

6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning - what a nice start to the day.

I read back in your condos. Unfortunately, there was no link to the previous condo on 10/3 condo so I couldn't keep reading back.

I see others mentioned what I would have said when you brought up a symptom - excessive eating = hyperthyroidism .. usually. My kitty did not have that symptom.
    Typical symptoms are:
    yowling at night
    fur not healthy (matted or dull looking)
    lots of dander
    excessive hunger
    weight loss
    seeking cool areas (they tend to run "hot" from their system being on overload)
    high creatinine (bloodwork)

Did you have the bloodwork sent out or done in-house? In-house labs are not reliable.

No rush :bighug:

7. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

Thyroid test was sent out. :)

I’m sorry things have been hectic between illness and travel. Alice was never spayed until she was 12. She has always maintained a healthy weight until she got sick a year ago. She had a mammary tumor (adenocarcinoma) and cysts on her ovaries or uterus when she had all that removed in June. She had a 3 month bloodwork check up in September, everything fine but mildly elevated kidney and liver values. A couple weeks later I noticed fur loss on her abdomen and side around in front of her hip to one side as well.
    Her FD was poorly regulated until DKA in April and a switch to Lantus from NPH.
    I can’t think of anything else. Thanks for taking the time to go back! I try to add the links but sometimes life just gets busy. I appreciate your perspective. :)

No joke. My CG for the week had to leave the house today during possible nadir. I was worried enough I had CG give some preemptive MC. Now she’s half an hour from PS and in the 60s and I’m not sure CG can handle her all night!

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Might be a night to skip a shot...that's getting too low and if the CG can't be depended on...better to be safe than sorry - that might be too much for her to handle...