Alex Olivia's foster mommy - full day of testing results!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by hollybee, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollybee

hollybee Member

Hi everyone, poor Alex Olivia was a trooper yesterday and endured testing every 2 hours for a 12 hour period (she is SO patient with us).......I believe her spreadsheet should be attached in my signature, let me know if it's not showing up there.....I am completely new to this, have only been fostering her for a week, curious if these numbers look good, and where do we go from here? thanks! holly and alex olivia ; )

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: Alex Olivia's foster mommy - full day of testing results

Spreadsheet looks great. Very nice curve. Holly, if you put your insulin type and what you are feeding in your signature, we won't have to ask all the time:

What kind of insulin?

3. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome! Good job testing and getting spreadsheet up. I have been thinking of fostering. Do you do it much? How did you get into it?

4. hollybee

hollybee Member

oops, I will add that to the spreadsheet right now, I am feeding Wellness CORE (all fish) and she is on Levemir.....

5. hollybee

hollybee Member

Hi Judy, I have been fostering over a year now - our first group 8 came from a high kill shelter, their home went into foreclosure. They were all adults......I work with a few different rescue/TNR groups so we've fostered everything from kittens to adults, to now a special-needs adult. Sometimes they stay with us for just a little while, and we've had others up to 6 months until that purrfect home came along.....I really enjoy fostering : )

6. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Holly,

Have you checked out the Levemir forum? All the people posting there use your insulin and can give you dosage advice. It is a small forum and the members usually post in the morning and evening, not during the day. But if you post with a question, people will get back to you in the am or pm.

viewforum.php?f=10

And here is the Levemir 101 document: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=682

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.