Adjust dose or wait?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by StarburstMom, Jul 13, 2021.

1. StarburstMom

StarburstMom Member

Starburst hasn't yet been evaluated by normal vet (scheduled for Saturday) and needs a urinalysis done to see if that could be affecting kidney and glucose numbers (values in lab tab of her ss). I am torn between wanting to bump her dose up to 1.5 or waiting until we see the vet before we do any changes. Plus I am tweaking with her diet (from DM and Fancy Feast pate to Tiki Cat and Weruva). I noticed a correlation with her "HI" readings and the DM.
    I am currently working from home so monitoring her is easiest now...should be back to the office FT September 1st so part of me feels like this needs to be regulated/stabilized by then. Would you wait to adjust dosing or increase it a touch?

2. Shelley & Jess

Shelley & Jess Member

Yes on the increase, and if you don't see much movement today I'd increase a bit more than the 0.25U we usually recommend. I'm thinking upping the dose by 0.5U would be okay because it looks like from those high black BG numbers a larger initial increase is needed here.

I'll tag @JanetNJ to chime in and see if she agrees.

StarburstMom likes this.
  3. StarburstMom

StarburstMom Member

Thank you. She tested "HI" this morning after getting down to mid300s yesterday mid-cycle. I ended up going to 1.5. She's getting harder to test BG. Will check her mid-cycle to see where she ends up.

Shelley & Jess likes this.