? Adequan question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Alicia & Kit cat, Mar 10, 2024.

1. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

Hey all - I typically post in the Lantus board, but there aren't as many folks there who seem to use adequan. I have been using adequan on my cat Kit through the first set of the loading period - two shots every week for 4 weeks, and am now in the one shot once a week for 4 weeks.

My question is about the notations on the box/vial. Only ten punctures and use no longer than 28 days past first puncture. Is this something that should be followed, or is it something like with insulin where they only tested for 28 days, so they can't say it works for longer, but we know if properly stored and used it lasts much longer? It seems like such a waste to only use it for 28 days. My vet is team only 28 days, but I'm also her only client who does home testing for BGs, so...

Any users out there with anecdotal evidence to the contrary? I searched for adequan in previous conversations, but wanted to reach out this way as well while I sort through all of that.

Thanks!

2. Deborah & Muffy(GA) & Wendall

Deborah & Muffy(GA) & Wendall Member

Alicia & Kit cat likes this.
  3. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member