9 Sept Tucker AMPS: 6.1 (110)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Tucker

Tucker Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-13-2-238-pm-6-is-5-2-94.202602/#post-2250262
    After getting up once in the wee hours to double check he wasn't going too low, (he had come up to 9.3 (167)) I went back to bed for a couple of hours.
    Tucker woke me up an hour early by opening the door to the pantry....and knocking my canned goods off of the shelf. (Hey, ya never know when a can of tuna might just pop open!) I went ahead and tested him a few minutes early for his AM test had dropped LOWER than what it had climbed to at +6. So last night we had a PMPS of 9.4(169), a +6 of 5.2(94) and +9 of 9.3(167) and then the slightly early AMPS of 6.1(110)? I retested the AMPS and it still came up 6.1. Not the normal curve for him to drop 3 points just before his shot. @JeffJ

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Tucker likes this.
  3. Tucker

Tucker Member

Thanks Bron! I'll read the link, he seems happy and that's the most important thing.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I'm really busy at work for the next 2 months (fyi). Thanks for tagging me, as I was wondering about the kitteh down undah.

That "drop the tuna can trick" - you are right, you never know if it just might pop open and deliver a delicious surprise! Our kittehs park themselves in front of the cupboard each day like it will pop out an open can of Fancy Feast. Hasn't happened yet, but someday it might!:eek:

Some cats are just bouncy. The good thing is you are keeping him safe. I would do increases very slowly now. Maybe after 8 or 10 cycles. Tucker is on the cusp of responding. If you stand back and see a lot of blue nadirs, then generally the pattern is good.

Also it is challenging to same-dose when they are so low at pre-shot. If the cat has a good pattern, then it is safe. If they are bouncy, then you have to monitor them closely. As an example on Sept 4, Leo went low on AMPS so I did a small dose reduction and monitored him closer that day. Dose reductions for single days are not common (here), but I do them to keep Leo safe. With bouncy cats it is hard to keep to strict rules.

5. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

As an aside, I met Amanda who owns Shmee. Shmee had his pituitary surgically removed 9 days ago. I happened to be in NYC on business, and we met for lunch. Anyhow, pics of me and Amanda
    in this thread here <<-- link

Shmee is recovering, and his Acromegaly will be nonexistent at this point. Really, another great success story on this forum.