9/7 Kitty Cat AMPS 498, +3 349, +8 232, PMPS 169, +2 96 +3 57, +3.5 61, +4 121

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christina & Kitty Cat, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Christina & Kitty Cat

Christina & Kitty Cat Member

previous post
    My brother Andrew is currently taking care of Kitty Cat right now. I'm a little nervous about him dropping so much at PM+2 but don't want my brother to have to lose too much sleep. He'll get a PM+4 just to make sure he's not too low. Kitty Cat had similar numbers last week so I think it'll be okay. There is MC at the ready if needed. The autofeeder is set for PM+5 and PM+8.

2. Christina & Kitty Cat

Can someone check over these scenarios? Just want to be extra cautious since I'm not there in person.
    1. if PM+4 is higher than 96, go to sleep for the rest of the night.

2. if PM+4 is lower than 96 but greater than 50, feed 2tbsp MC, go to sleep and the autofeeder will take care of him at PM+5 and +8
    3. if PM+4 is 50 or lower, feed 2tsp MC + 1tsp honey and test again in 30 mins.
      1. If he goes lower at PM+4.5, feed 2tsp MC + 1tsp honey, check again in 15 min.
      2. If he goes up, go to sleep at the autofeeder will take care of him

3. Christina & Kitty Cat

Got a PM+3 and he's at 57. I'm concerned about him still dropping an hour after LC so brother is giving him 2tsp MC now and will test again in 30 mins. Will also put 2tsp MC in autofeeder PM+5 as an extra precaution to get him through the night safely.

4. Christina & Kitty Cat

Going off @JaxBenji suggestion from earlier:
    Reducing dose from 1.75u to skinny 1.75u starting tomorrow AM so we don't have to worry about him going low while I'm away. This can be his "vacation dose". Maybe he'll stick with it after I come home, or I can increase back to 1.75u.

5. Christina & Kitty Cat

Gave some honey at +3.5 just as an extra precaution and so we could all go to sleep! Goodnight!

6. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hi Christina - sorry no one was around to help - I think reducing by 0.25u is a good idea (versus a skinny...that's only a difference of a drop...I'd personally take the 0.25u reduction for the rest of your vacation and then decide what you want to do when you get back). Just my two cents. Perhaps @tiffmaxee or @Bandit's Mom can chime in today. Hope you are still able to enjoy your time away :bighug:

Christina & Kitty Cat likes this.
  7. Christina & Kitty Cat

No worries! It was really late where I am. Sorry I'm just seeing this. Brother just gave a skinny 1.75u this morning. I'll have him do 1.5u for tonight's shot. After the current cycle, there are 2 more before I come home.

Edit: Brother forgot to change caliper so ended up not decreasing more.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    JaxBenji likes this.