9/28 Shelly AMPS 297 +2 203 update

Carina and Shelly

Member Since 2026
? - 9/24 Shelly AMPS 288 – Managing a Weekend Away

Good morning,

We are home from our weekend away and it was a nice break. We kept her dose at 0.25 per Wendy's advice and increased last night to 0.5 upon our return yesterday evening. Her numbers remained on the higher side while we were away, but appear to be going down.

In other news, Shelly hissed at the cat sitter and wouldn't let her near her for her first dose and we were worried it was going to be a problem. But the cat sitter prevailed through both play and giving Shelly space. Also, Shelly ripped off her Libre 3 this morning 😭 I knew she had been working on it when I saw little holes in her tank top last night. I watched her succeed this morning. It was all very Shawshank Redemption 😂 Luckily we have extras on hand. Costco pharmacy for the win.
 
Naughty Shelly!!
I’m glad all went well with your getaway and Shelly was safe at home.
So happy you have more Libres on hand. Best move! Be prepared with naughty kitties 🥰
Do you use a patch or tegaderm over the Libre? It can help possibly.
I even wedge a folder up piece of fabric in Ivy’s tube top to try to keep the Libre covered so she can’t easily access the Libre.
Sometimes I find the fabric on the floor or in her bed 🤦‍♀️
We do that best we can 😻
 
Naughty Shelly!!
I’m glad all went well with your getaway and Shelly was safe at home.
So happy you have more Libres on hand. Best move! Be prepared with naughty kitties 🥰
Do you use a patch or tegaderm over the Libre? It can help possibly.
I even wedge a folder up piece of fabric in Ivy’s tube top to try to keep the Libre covered so she can’t easily access the Libre.
Sometimes I find the fabric on the floor or in her bed 🤦‍♀️
We do that best we can 😻
I haven't tried a patch or fabric. Just the t-shirt. But I am interested. How do you go about that?
I also saw that some people use a padded harness, but I worry it would be uncomfortable for her with the straps and clips.
 
I haven't tried a patch or fabric. Just the t-shirt. But I am interested. How do you go about that?
I also saw that some people use a padded harness, but I worry it would be uncomfortable for her with the straps and clips.
I just fold up a piece of fabric (a cut up old tee shirt) into a square, kind of thick and wedge it under her tube top.
But I also use a tegaderm patch (clear) and it helps hold the Libre in place. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009Q2OMW?tag=felinediabetesfdmb-20
Possibly helps keep them from pulling off the Libre.
They also sell patches that humans use to cover their Libre so it doesn’t get bumped. I’ve read mixed reviews from cat parents.
 
This site contains affiliate links for which Feline Diabetes Message Board - FDMB may be compensated.
Back
Top