9/22 Oscar AMPS 257, 322 +3, PMPS 299, 261 +5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by josette, Sep 22, 2022.

1. josette

josette Member

Is this the right way?

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Yep you got it, but you needed to link your previous days post (yesterday) to this one
    I'll do it for you :cat:

Previous days post
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/i-think-increase-is-too-much.268690/#post-3001895

I see you didn't increase to 2.25 units this morning , On your post from yesterday Bron said
    A couple of things first before I comment on the dose.
    Are you able to get at least one test in during the PM cycle? A before bed test is a good one to get and if that is lower than the preshot……that is a good indication that Oscar might drop lower, so I would test again a bit later. Is that doable?

Also I would recommend you look at the two dosing methods DOSING METHODS and choose one of those. We can help you decide to choose one if you are having trouble with them
    Because the nadirs are in the 200s I would only increase to 2.25 units.

So I think you should have increased as long as you are going to get more tests in for both cycles

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    josette likes this.
  3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    josette likes this.
  4. josette

josette Member

I did increase this evening

5. josette

josette Member

when I hit thread tools, edit title…how do I get to the end of the line to add more numbers? Since I can’t see the end of the line

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Good you increased but we have no idea how low Oscar goes at night. Cats often go lower at night. It doesn’t look like he has been lower though.

josette and Bron and Sheba (GA) like this.
  7. josette

josette Member

Last night he was 271 PMPS + 4 which was 11 PM. I am going to check him tonight at midnight which will be PMPS +5

8. tiffmaxee

I saw that but you can’t go by just one night once you increase.

josette likes this.
  9. josette

josette Member

not sure I understand what you are telling me. Dianne above told to increase so I just increased by .25 this evening and I will check again PMPS +5. And different times tomorrow and tomorrow night so I have at least 4 tests a day.

10. tiffmaxee

I said to increase as well. I’m just suggesting you start to get a second test at night whenever possible as you might start to see the bg come down with the increase.

11. josette

josette Member

I understand now what you were saying.

tiffmaxee likes this.