9/22 Mia AMPS 175; +4 82; +6 82; PMPS 115; +2.5 114

Mia appears to be climbing since starting a drop dose. Her appetite is also slowing, and she is drinking more water. Can I go backup to .1 without causing a problem? UPDATE: shot .1 this morning. What next?
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately I can’t answer that as I’m still fairly new to this myself. I do think she’ll be ok for today, but please make sure you are monitoring her closely.

Let’s wait and see if any experienced members have any thoughts.
 
Sorry nobody got to you this morning. With SLGS once a reduction is earned you need to wait a week before increasing if the dose turns out to not work out.
 
Sorry nobody got to you this morning. With SLGS once a reduction is earned you need to wait a week before increasing if the dose turns out to not work out.
What happens if I didn’t wait a week? .
 
Last edited:
When following SLGS, you reduce if they go under 90. Which she did today.

If you increase too soon after a reduction, you don't give the depot the chance to stabilize and you don't see what the dose is really capable of. Even under TR you would have held the drop dose for longer.
 
When following SLGS, you reduce if they go under 90. Which she did today.

If you increase too soon after a reduction, you don't give the depot the chance to stabilize and you don't see what the dose is really capable of. Even under TR you would have held the drop dose for longer.
If I go from .1 to one drop, is there much depot to be had? That’s what concerned me this morning .. that there may not be any real reservoir to draw from and the high numbers would continue. I know I jumped the gun on the week .. she was losing her appetite and peeing more, more lethargic. Even though she perked up after the .1 again, after tiff’s reply I went back to one drop this evening. So, now just sit there for the week, even if numbers are higher and her symptoms come back?
 
When following SLGS, you reduce if they go under 90. Which she did today.

If you increase too soon after a reduction, you don't give the depot the chance to stabilize and you don't see what the dose is really capable of. Even under TR you would have held the drop dose for longer.
Another question, please. If I am on one drop and she goes under 90 again, in less than a week .. the only place to go is no insulin? Even if she hasn’t consistently had green numbers, or low blues, for a good period of time?
 
We might suggest you try lowering the reduction rate a bit. You do test enough to try that. Before a cat is ready to try without insulin, they need to be mostly green with just a few blues, but under 120.
 
Back
Top