9/17 Luci AMPS 191 *Contraband* Day 15

Discussion in 'Tresiba (degludec)' started by Sue and Luci, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good Morning everyone!

Well THIS is exciting! Day 2 of a decent AMPS - and then DH is telling me that he left a container of pita chips sitting out! OMG! That's absolutely forbidden around here - because you know who helped herself??? :eek:

Yes, that's right. Luci decided they'd been left out for her so she pulled the entire container off the table and when it hit the floor they spilled out all over...:mad:

However, I'm not sure she ate many or any for that matter...since her AMPS is not on the moon. I'm practically holding my breath now for these AM and PM pre-shot numbers...just waiting for her return to her perch in her beloved lemon tree...

Well, something helped! Could it possibly be the longer duration of Tresiba has finally arrived? I can only hope!

I hope you all have a wonderful day and that your kitties surf safely!

2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

LOL. She is so mischievous. :facepalm:
    The blue AMPS is amazing! Keeping my fingers crossed it continues. Luci looks so good in blue. :joyful:
    Have a great day, Sue!

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

That Luci, she will eat anything won’t she lol
    Have a great day

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Ohhhh Luci :rolleyes:

glad to see her in blue again this am!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Wow! Pita chips :eek::p! That’s a new one for me! I have one who is all about some dry oatmeal—I told him he is super weird!!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Sam & Esse

Sam & Esse Member

:bookworm: You know, I had a little bet with myself, if Luci would dive today -- since it's been five days since her last cliff jump. She certainly seems to like that five day pattern since starting Tresiba :facepalm: Hopefully Luci slows down the afternoon climb before she reaches her lemon tree :bighug:

Don't know if you should take the reduction or not o_O Odd things are going on, beyond the understanding of human-kind -- but not cat-kind ;) If you do decide to reduce... maybe only to a slim 1u? It just seems Luci was finally gaining ground on the 1u dose... hate to see possible progress set back, but it's also not fun to see those 40s.

7. Sue and Luci

I'm not going to reduce...unless she gives me more evidence that she requires more than a little dab of MC to head her back the other way...let's see what this dose of Tresiba is going to do for her.

I'm loving those AM/PM blue pre-shots...I'm concerned that if I reduce her dosage at this time, we'll undo whatever good we've done to this point. We're here to test...frequently if need be.

I'm really surprised that she didn't head up the lemon tree after her raid on the pita chips...maybe they weren't to her liking? Hard to believe that though...this girl used to eat Cheezit crackers, popped corn, nuts (recently cashews, she has good taste)...butter, margarine, flour..let's see did I leave out anything - well other than the usual Hershey's kisses, KitKat bars and any kinds of pastries, breads, pizza...lord the list goes on and on. She loves ice cream too! No wonder she's a diabetic, huh? She's a junk food junkie! And now is forced to live on wet cat food alone...oh the horrors of it all...:p

Sam & Esse likes this.
  8. Sam & Esse

Sam & Esse Member

Here is where I'd use a big thumb's up emoji lol! It's hard to tell if Luci's going to try a small bounce from the lime green -- but hopefully the T can put the breaks on anything major. I've got my hands together that Luci stays in the blues for tonight's PS :bighug:

Well, the cashews shouldn't cause too much problem, unlike everything else she has a hankering for!

Yesterday, I cut up a mini cucumber to snack on -- and Sam was right there o_O I was like, "Okay, here, but you're not going to like it..."

Sam, "Nom nom, yum! But it would be easier if I had teeth. Another, mom!"

9. Sue and Luci

Seriously? :eek: He likes cucumber??? LOL! At least its a nice low carb veggie...I wish Luci would eat some veggies...:woot:

I am very hopeful about tonight's number...but trying to be realistic too...we have to prepare for a bounce...

She really had me fooled this morning..thought she was taking it real nice and slow...not Luci...always in a rush to do her thang!:facepalm:

Sam & Esse likes this.
  10. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Hi Luci,
    I was looking at your ss and it looks like your still shoot am and pm? I am not familiar enough but with this insulin do you always shoot 2x a day? Or is the idea to gradually shoot less? My Dre is the king of bouncing balls-I am not even shooting tonight as he was 79 and eating like dropping at +11 and +14 he is 140 which is much too low to shoot with him he will be in the 30s in a few hours if I did-been doing the sugar dance 6 years now-I would love to shoot without the panic:eek:
    :bighug: I so happy things are looking up for you! Funny about the chips:smuggrin:

11. Sue and Luci

Hi Jayla! Oh I know...these cats!

I don't know much about Tresiba either, but Esse has been helpful and I've been reading up. So Tresiba is supposed to have a very long duration - to the point where it may be possible to shoot once a day.

I didn't expect much to happen as far as making a difference intially...it could take a full month before Luci starts to get the long duration of Tresiba...so the last couple of days were looking a little more like I expected from Tresiba...but she's not there yet. As you can see, she still hits her nadir - or whatever that it early on in the day...and then it starts to drop toward the end of the cycle...so she's still going to get two shots a day as long as that's happening. If/when she ever gets to the point of having very low pre-shots then I may consider skipping...or at the least reducing substantially that one shot...I'm kind of experimenting right now - and at this point it's the same dose twice a day - much like we've been doing these last couple of years...nearly three now for us...

So stick around...there may be something great happening soon...well that's all relative of course!

P.S. Do you have updated SS's? I clicked on your links but they're from 2017...just wondered what you were dealing with :)