9/17 KittenCat AMPS #93 OTJ trial day1/ +4 87, +7 73

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jenifer, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Jenifer

Jenifer Member

thebigfuzz likes this.
  2. Jenifer

Jenifer Member

@Wendy&Neko i forgot to tag you on the above question :D

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

That drop under 50 I think told you it’s time for a trial. I’ll get you the directions. In tge meantime change your title to say OTJ Trial Day 1. Good luck!

Jenifer likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. Those blues still concern me. @tiffmaxee I don't see a drop under 50 on the current dose. Where do you see that?

5. Jenifer

Jenifer Member

The blues and even the yellow from earlier this week all follow a low number that we then pumped her full of carbs to bring her #’s up. Idk if it actually works that way but that’s what I’ve noticed at least.

6. Jenifer

Jenifer Member

And yeah, the drop was on the .1 dose. Lowest she’s got on current dose is 54

7. tiffmaxee

My bad. That was the previous dose. How about not propping her up and let her fall to earn the trial?

8. tiffmaxee

But

But 54 is a reduction on SLGS. I stand by letting her earn it. What do you think?

9. Jenifer

Jenifer Member

I left for work before I got any of your responses so I did not give her any insulin. So I guess we're doing an OTJ trial! My husband is home and can test her throughout the day.
    Unrelated question, do you guys do the ear poke on the inside or the outside of the ear? I've been doing the inside but I found out last night that my husband has been poking the outside. And does it actually matter?

10. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I've done both sides. It is personal (or cat) preference, I believe.
    Happy day one!:D

Jenifer likes this.
  11. Jenifer

Jenifer Member

Thanks! It looks like it's more painful on the outside than the inside, just going off the marks leftover on her ear but apparently she tolerates it just fine for him. He did tell me last night when I got home that he got his first "gusher" yesterday and got blood everywhere! :oops: He didn't know that was a thing so it kind of freaked him out :D

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  12. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Good luck on day 1!

Cosmo doesn’t tolerate the inside of the ear, I think it’s uncomfortable for him, so we always do the outside...and we also get the occasional gusher :facepalm:

Jenifer likes this.
  13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Si am cat mom and Jenifer like this.
  14. tiffmaxee

I poked from the inside.

Jenifer likes this.
  15. Jenifer

Jenifer Member

I measured the drop by using a syringe and colored liquid and counting the drops in the dose that was basically half of .1 I had previously been giving her. It equals out to about 1 drop of insulin.

16. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I've poked both the inside and outside of the ear, but find it easier to do the outside of the ear.