9/13, Susie, 126 AMPS, 98 @+2, 69 @+3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Summer and Susie (GA), Sep 13, 2021.

1. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-12-susie-215-amps-218-2.252828/#post-2852865

I must say that Susie put me through the "wringer" yesterday with her hiding all afternoon under my bed. If her numbers had been lower I would have made more of an attempt to get her out for testing. She came out just in time for PMPS and then was all lovey and purring and happy at +1. I didn't know whether to scold her or just thank God. I did the latter - of course.

She is just fine today. Was hungry. She didn't eat her late night food but that is okay. She is not eating as much as she used to. I'm just thankful she feels well. I don't know what got in to her yesterday and still can't figure out how she gets under my bed unless she flattens herself out to a height of three inches. :eek:

Max & Lori and Kathy and tiger like this.
  2. Summer and Susie (GA)

You are very perceptive, Carla. Thanks for keeping an eye out for her.

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I was excited to see the greens today! That was a long day and half of flat yellows so I'm glad she finally came down.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  4. Summer and Susie (GA)

I was/am excited too. Just wish I understood what was going on. I have a doctor appt. tomorrow and have to leave the house around 8:35. I hope she isn't low tomorrow morning but will supplement with m/c or h/c food if I have to. Thanks for stopping in and offering support.

Max & Lori and tiffmaxee like this.
  5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

You should know by now that Susie does not like being predictable!! :joyful::facepalm:

Enjoy the greens today.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Good luck tomorrow. I hope Susie behaves. Has she lost any weight? Eating less is because she’s not needing the extra calories from running high. I know you want her to lose. I’d weigh weekly to make sure that she’s losing and doing it slowly.

7. Summer and Susie (GA)

I haven't weighed her since 8/31 but she had lost about .12 oz in three weeks at that time which I thought was a little excessive. I'll try to get another weight on her sometime this week. She was 13.28 oz. Vet wanted her around 10. I want her around 12 lbs. I would rather her carry a little extra weight than be skinny.

8. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

9. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

It's nice to see green again. I hope that +3 didn't feel too stressful. I'm glad Susie is being her sweet self and has decided to not hide from the world today. Good luck with your appointment.

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers today. Maybe Susie will give you a break tomorrow and stay higher.

11. Summer and Susie (GA)

12. Summer and Susie (GA)

Hi Alisa. How is Field Commander Cohen doing? Does he act like he is happy and healthy? No, that +3 didn't stress me because I knew I would be home to feed and monitor. If I had gotten it before I had to go someplace I would have certainly been stressed. When I can be home, nothing above 59 gets me stressed. By the way, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your support too. You don't even have to be hanging around now that FCC is in remission but it sure is nice to have folks stop in with support. I'm usually not on the computer much in the evening so if you don't get a response it is only because I am away from the site.

Acadaca likes this.
  13. Summer and Susie (GA)

I hope you are right. I would love another repeat of today but not tomorrow when I have to leave. Especially at that time of the morning.

14. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

15. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers I hope she surfs safely, you can get some rest

16. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

17. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

I appreciate your warm welcome. Field Commander Cohen is doing great and being an all around feisty terror who also happens to purr and snuggle. Everyone has been so fantastic to FCC and me that it is impossible not to chime in and say hello. We all need support.

I'm glad that wasn't a stressor for you. I know Susie goes up and down so much that you have to get used to all those numbers she throws your way. Fingers crossed that she gets nice and level for you. Never worry about not replying to me just take care of you and Susie.

18. a_rose51

a_rose51 Member

Hi Summer! My Oscar and your Susie were doing the exact same thing yesterday! So crazy. I’m glad she’s back to normal today. You’d be surprised where they can squeeze. We were fostering a kitten once who we lost inside our house because she managed to squeeze herself under our couch that was about an inch or so off the ground. We eventually found her, but never thought to look there because we thought it was impossible! Cats are amazing! Hope you both have a good night tonight!

19. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Summer I'm glad to hear Susie is back to her normal self. Such a nice cycle today. When I first got Tyler and Perry they must have been about 6 weeks old ,can't really remember but they were small. Well I was looking for Perry and all of a sudden I hear this meowing by the fridge, I open the door and there he was sitting on the bottom shelf, he must have snuck in when I opened it and I didn't see him.
    He was ok wasn't in there long at all. I was like what the hell are you doing in there.
    These cats will be the death of us :p Have a good night :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021