9/1 Kitten Cat AMPS #222

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jenifer, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Jenifer

Jenifer Member

No thread from yesterday since I didn’t give her a.m. shot.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

3. Jenifer

Jenifer Member

4. tiffmaxee

I vaguely remember. It’s been busy with not a lot of help at night lately. Yes. Always link the last post. That way it’s easy to keep going back to read.

Jenifer likes this.
  5. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

You can still post, though. Just wanna make sure you know that. You can post and just say no shot, especially if you have questions. I don't know if you did have any, but I see you have a 52 on your spreadsheet and that must've been scary. :bighug: Hope you and KittenCat are doing okay!

tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. Jenifer

Jenifer Member

Oh! Ok. I will do that then if it happens again. The 52 got me a little worried but I was ready for it. It was right before her pm shot so I skipped it. But then she started climbing really fast and that got me more concerned so I ended up giving her her pm shot way late in the night Which threw off the whole schedule so I just skipped her am shot that next morning so we could get back on her regular schedule. It was so weird to have her just randomly have a 52 after being so consistent the past 2-3 weeks.... ‍♀️

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  7. tiffmaxee

Did you retest right away after the 52? Could have been a bad strip, not enough blood ,too much, or meter error.

8. Jenifer

Jenifer Member

I did. I tested multiple times with multiple meters cuz I was hoping it was a fluke.

9. tiffmaxee

Good. He told you he was done with that dose!

Jenifer likes this.
  10. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I am glad you’ll post next time!
    I was looking at your spreadsheet this morning. Is the dosing you recorded accurate? Here is why I ask:
    You were giving .75u, then KittenCat dropped to 52, which earns a .25u reduction under SLGS if I'm not mistaken. You shot .5u that night (good!!!). Then you skipped the next shot and went back up to .75u.

If you were told to do this, cool! I do not weigh in on dosing. I do wanna double check this, though, because I don't see anything in your condo about going back up to the .75u. From what @tiffmaxee says above, it looks to me like KittenCat's dose should have been reduced and held at .5u.

In your condo today, let's get eyes on your spreadsheet.

11. tiffmaxee

@Butters & Lyla Hi. Yes you are correct. With SLGS a reduction was earned. The new dose is .50.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Butters & Lyla likes this.
  12. Jenifer

Jenifer Member

i saw your comments right before I did her morning shot today so I reduced to .5.
    I guess I didn't understand that you were supposed to continue the reduction if you have low numbers like that. I thought the .25 reduction was just for the next shot so I went back to .75 after she got back to normal #'s.

13. tiffmaxee

Once a reduction is earned that becomes the new dose unless there’s another drop under 90. With SLGS you otherwise hold the dose until curve day. If you haven’t already I would print out the methods info as well as how to handle low numbers. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

14. Jenifer

Jenifer Member

No! It wasn't you. I meant I misunderstood the instructions on SLGS. When I read through the two main dosing methods they seemed almost identical to me so I just kind of rolled with it.......