8/9 Cosmo AMPS 562 +3 475, +6 493 PMPS 542 Day 3 of new dose - Pic

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by thebigfuzz, Aug 9, 2020.

1. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

2. thebigfuzz

Cosmo is having a fun morning regardless of his +500 AMPS. Looking good Cosmo!

Attached Files:

3. thebigfuzz

I think he might have gained some weight!

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?....he looks pretty uhhhh..."fluffy" in his pictures!

thebigfuzz likes this.
  5. thebigfuzz

LOL. I think it's a good thing. He had been losing a lot of weight quickly when he didn't want to eat while having a colon blockage in June.

6. thebigfuzz

:arghh: No change again today! It's as if he isn't absorbing any of the insulin he is getting :arghh:

Just complaining... :arghh:

7. Frogster

Frogster Member

He had several beautifully coloured days in July. Do you have any idea if they had something in common? Medications, food, injection site or anything?
    I don’t post every day, but I often come to check on Cosmo, and I so very much want better colours for him. Yay for him being in good mood!

thebigfuzz likes this.
  8. thebigfuzz

In July, Cosmo was suffering a megacolon constipation episode and it was really severe - with 2 surgical extractions, enemas, sub q fluids, special meds and not really eating well without us putting it in front of him. He was active, in that he was jumping in and out of the litter all day and night. It was pretty rough :blackeye: We thought at the time, we may need to say goodbye. It was scary.

But... He is feeling much better now! Eating, drinking, pooping, purring and being his funny quirky self. So that part is good! Now, just the high BGs that won't budge.

2 things I can maybe think of... We were giving sub q fluids every day or every other day and when we did, we gave his shot in the flank instead of his scruff. Maybe something there?

Thanks for checking in!

9. Frogster

Frogster Member

Yep, must be it. When my girl was receiving intravenous liquids her BG levels went down on their own without insulin. Also they say, that flanks better absorb insulin than the scruff.
    Come on Cosmo, everybody's looking at you and waiting for some colour variations! Or nobody is looking, time to act! Depending on what you prefer ;)

thebigfuzz likes this.
  10. thebigfuzz

Hmmm...we can try the flank again. Cosmo reacted to the needle in his flank so we stopped. We could try a smaller needle and see how it goes.

11. Frogster

Frogster Member

Oh, I don't know. Flanks are surely more sensitive to poking as well. Probably it is better to stick to less discomfort, more happy catster. You are not on a high dose yet.