8/5 Osha AMPS 99 +3 86 +5 76 / Small Kitty AMPS 51 +3 63 +5 70

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Osha, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

7/27

Good morning!

Everything is good here. Osha had an ultrasound yesterday and the results have shown little change since her last abdominal ultrasound in October. Because she is still losing weight, the vet wants to switch her from budesonide to prednisolone. I know this has the potential to increase her bg, but I will just monitor and increase the insulin as needed. I just hope this will help to stop her weight loss. She ended up not having any insulin yesterday. I didn't give her insulin before the procedure because she wasn't allowed to eat and at PM shot time she wasn't hungry so I decided to skip.

It is nice to see Small Kitty wearing some green today. I hope he will stay away from the sharks.

We have the pre-op interview with the hospital for hubby today and also an appointment with the neurosurgeon to do a wound check from the previous surgery and to talk about his upcoming surgery.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Amanda and Kitty Osha and Small Kitty

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Not bad for a day without insulin. Good luck with appts.

Osha likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see green for SK. I hope the pred helps Osha. I hope Sebastien's appointment goes well. Sending prayers.

Osha likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad the ultrasound showed little change, that's a good thing. If the steroid is needed other than her gut, then the pred will be a better choice.

Best of luck today.

Osha likes this.