8/4 Max AMPS 314 +3 370 +6 379 +10 230 PMPS 200 +2 211 +4 188

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Max & Lori, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

Yesterday https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...234-7-161-8-134-pmps-148.266645/#post-2985019
    I was out this morning so late posting. Max is feeling tired today. Not sure that he feels well. BG is up, maybe bouncing again. That always makes him feel crappy. Could be the blood pressure med too. In people, it takes a bit to adjust to it. I’m going to get a cat blood pressure monitor so I can check him at home…just because I’m me doing what I do. Hope he comes down. Won’t check again until PMPS.

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  2. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

He has you taking GREAT care of him so he'll be back to knocking over the toy basket in no time.

Max & Lori likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Going higher before going lower?

I found it took Neko a few days to get used to new meds, and often her numbers went higher in the interim.

Max & Lori likes this.
  4. Max & Lori

Hope it is higher before lower. You and I both know he does that.
    I’d wondered if it was the new med making him off kilter today. Since I’ve been here he has only gotten up to eat his snack since breakfast. He’s happy curled up in his bed. Probably planning to be a hot mess tonight.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

6. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Not sure what Max has in store for you tonight. He had a nice cycle last night. I figured you would be into getting the kitty BP cuff and I'm glad Elise chimed in. Do you think Max would do better with the Feliway going in the room where you would do the BP check? My vet has those going full force and it seems to help with my scaredy cats. Anyhow, hope he's feeling better tonight, you too.

Max & Lori likes this.
  7. Max & Lori

He may do better with the Feliway at the vets. My vet doesn’t have those though. I ordered the BP cuff today, one that was recommended on Tanya’s website. Max is much better tonight. Running up and down the hall like a wild cat. I don’t know what he’s gonna do either but I got a feeling I’m not going to get my 7-8 hr sleep though. I might as well start sleeping during the day and stay up all night like he does.:confused:

8. George’s Mom

George’s Mom Member

Would love to know what BP monitor you got. I have one but it sucks.

Max & Lori likes this.
  9. Max & Lori

I ordered one that was recommended on https://felinecrf.org/hypertension.htm If you go down to where it talks about home monitoring, it will list some places it can be purchased. I ordered from Amazon. I think Walmart was another place to order it. The brand name was Contec and it was $49.99. I have no idea how accurate it is, but it was recommended on that website so I went with that one.

10. George’s Mom

George’s Mom Member

How funny that’s the one I have. It times out a lot. Maybe mine is just a lemon. ? Thanks for sharing the info. The link had several Good reminders for me on hypertension too so appreciate you sending to me.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    Max & Lori likes this.
  11. Max & Lori

Welcome! Glad it helped.