8/23 LT AMPS 203 +3 110 +4 114 +6 106 +7.5 103 PMPS 245 +2 321

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne Burton, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

yesterday http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...1-6-182-pmps-158-1-232-2-222-5-75-108.218432/

Thanks to all for the group effort last night. I suppose I need to quit panicking and giving him LC in the middle of the night when he gets to 108 on my Pet Meter. I really need to develop a TR belly. It was kind of a selfish move, because I wanted to get back in bed:oops:.

Anyways looking forward to another day of downward movement. Wishing the best to all sugarkitties and their hoomins.

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Nice start for LT this morning! I hope he has a nice gentle safe slide today so you can enjoy your Friday to the max!!

Suzanne Burton likes this.
  3. Suzanne Burton

So, I would like to do more late testing, but we have plans for a cookout in the mountains with friends at what would be LTs +8 through +10. Our friends are used to working around our dog's diabetes, so I don't feel like we can cancel. I'll try to get up early and catch some tomorrow a.m. Could I hold the dose a couple of more days and do a curve on Monday? Otherwise, where would I go with the dose, I haven't' purchased calipers yet, but I feel his good dose is going to be somewhere between .75 and 1.0.

AmandaE likes this.
  4. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

You are trying to find that elusive Balance in life, and that's a good thing. I'm still searching!
    Have the best day possible Suzanne!

5. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Do get some digital calipers - it will give you more confidence. You will be so glad you did! You might need to dose halfway between .5 and .75 in the future, for example.

I need to read advise on your weekend plans . . . and holding the dose.

Sue and Luci and Suzanne Burton like this.
  6. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

It is ok to hold the dose and do your curve on Monday :)

7. Suzanne Burton

LT says come on down to the beach. He loves the sand between his toes. Will be doing a bit more testing today.

Sue and Luci and AmandaE like this.
  8. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina is on her way . . . she wants to see that dark and handsome LT!

9. Suzanne Burton

LT must like it on the beach. He thinks that Tina is the cat's meow. Nap time for sugarmom.

10. Suzanne Burton

What a difference a week makes:woot:. I'm trying not to get to excited, but this is the best LT day ever. Even if he bounces at the end, it's been a good day.

11. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

I agree and share your sentiments. You've both come a long way in a very short time! You should feel good!
    Did you really take a nap?

12. Suzanne Burton

@Tina Marie and Jan I tried to take a nap, but Murphy's law struck, and the phone started ringing as soon as I laid down. Maybe I'll get to spend the whole night in bed tonight.

13. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Oh no. Happens to me a lot too. I sincerely hope you get a good night of rest, so you can enjoy the outing with your friends. Gosh I miss colorful Colorado - spent my youth there.

14. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

There have been many cats named Murphy, and all cats have laws. Be careful what you say.

Yesterday's a.m. cycle looked like a slide - unless there was a Lantus double dip.
    A double dip is when the cat reaches its nadir then goes up. Near the end of the cycle, there's a second little dip. Not often.
    It would be good to get in a test around +10 when you can. Even if it is not indicative of a double dip, it adds good information for people more experienced than me reading your spreadsheet.
    Or the occasional test past +6. Not all cats nadir at the 6 hour mark. And nadirs can change.

15. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

One thing for certain about sugarcats, they have a special kind of tele-transmission into your brain and hear everything you write and say! Did you say you were actually MAKING PLANS to do something with friends??? :eek::eek:OH NO!!!:eek::eek: Put an aluminum foil cap on your head and never ever say anything about PLANS in front of your sugarcat again!:rolleyes: Watch out...because as soon as you think you've got a plan to go somewhere or do something the ole sugarcat gets that gleam in his eyes...and decides that NOW is when I'm going to let my blood glucose drop lower than it ever has before!:p

Of course, this is a running joke around here...but more times than I care to mention I've made plans to do something - go somewhere and ole Luci decides to take a big running jump right into the middle and deepest part of the lagoon! Seriously, I checked an hour or so ago - and just when I'm ready to leave for my 'plans' I get a quick test and Luci is at 48 or some such crazy number - take off shoes, put down purse, go change out of nice clothes - cause 'mama, you're staying home with me' ...at which time I'm trying to decide which MC or HC food to give her and how soon to test...so many times...

On the serious side...I'm sure it's ok to wait a couple of days to change your dose...LT is actually looking quite good these days! I do hope you get to go have fun with friends for a couple of hours! And as for that whole night in bed??? Maybe...but never count on it :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  16. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice surfing for LT today. If you have plans it is okay to wait to do a curve.

17. Suzanne Burton

A little bit of a rise to start the next cycle. Hoping my 2 hour check will be good news for my sleep situation. We had a great time with our friends, but I'll remember to not mention the words mak… pla… ever again;):rolleyes:. Everyone's work on LT's and mine behalf is very appreciated and we are thankful for all of you.

18. Suzanne Burton

LT has a little boing in his step tonight as we venture into the pink. See everyone tomorrow. Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.