8/19 Herman amps 266 +4 214 +10 250 pmps 349

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amy & Herman, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Amy & Herman

Amy & Herman Well-Known Member

Ben&Squirrel and Angela & Cleo like this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

6th cycle since the previous greens. He might be clearing the bounce. This time, if he drops 100 points into green like he did the other day, feed some 10-12% to slow him down.
    You want him in higher greens but don't want to carb him up so much that he doesn't spend any time in healing greens.

Angela & Cleo and Amy & Herman like this.
  3. Amy & Herman

Ok thanks. Just gave a pinch more of 3% at +1 will test @+2 and see if he’s dropping to quick and needs some 10-12% …would LOVE LOVE LOVE for him to spend some time in the higher greens and take his time getting there! These bounces are so frustrating!

Bandit's Mom and Angela & Cleo like this.
  4. Amy & Herman

Almost blue @+4 ….I’ll take it. I’ll keep an eye on him in case we get another Aug 13. Gave tiny bit of 9% with his 3% at +4 just in case, perhaps overkill, but maybe worth a shot if we can avoid another bounce, experimenting for now.

5. Amy & Herman

So…..DH got us sweet seats for the Chilli Peppers Sunday night. I will try to move up shot time over next two days in 15 min increments to get to a pmps of 330pm Sunday, this will allow me to get a +3 before we head downtown. My plan would then be to have my sister visit him at +4 +5 +6 (she lives at the other side of the property, it’s a farm, she can walk over in a couple min) and feed him based on his numbers at +3 (higher carb than normal if I am worried). I would be home +8ish. She is adamant that she cannot test. Hates blood and needles. If his +3 that night is TOO worrisome I guess I bail on concert. Given all this if I need to increase back to 2units I will wait until Monday. My question: would it make any sense to do 1.5u Sunday or because of the depot would that not make much difference anyway?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  6. Amy & Herman

…I should add, I know I sound really paranoid and I realize others manage “normal” lives and activities, going out for work, etc., I just worry that Herman might do one of his dives. They seem so unpredictable and scary, especially that last one.

7. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

I don't think you sound paranoid. I can't tell you how many activities I bailed on at first because I worried about Benny's numbers even when he was high. Timely advice from @Bandit's Mom and @tiffmaxee helped a lot. They were very honest with me about when I should stay home and when it was okay to go out. Everyone is different but someone who is comfortable telling me things I don't want to hear (no groceries today!), I am a bit more okay with leaning on them when they say I can go out for X hours. But I can definitely hear where you are coming from.

Amy & Herman likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Looking at your ss I don’t think you will need to skip the concert. Shooting 1.5 won’t help with that cycle as if it will be active it will still be for the first half of the cycle. The effects would show up,the second half of the next cycle. I don’t see a need to shoot less the day before either because your sister cat feed him. If it’s an active cycle you can feed higher carbs before you leave and she can continue until you get home. If for some crazy reason he decides to give you a green preshot you can give a BCS dose or skip the one shot.

Amy & Herman likes this.
  9. Amy & Herman

Yes - how we come to rely on our new friends! So grateful for the help.

10. Amy & Herman

Got it - sounds like a plan! My husband will be thrilled - he already thinks I will bail on him and has back up concert goers lined up and at the ready for any last minute Amy Cancellations. :smuggrin:

Ben&Squirrel and Angela & Cleo like this.
  11. Amy & Herman

I’d be lieing if I said I wasn’t disappointed at pmps after a full day yellow…I hope it’s not a bounce :confused: