? 8/17 Taz, AMPS-134, +1-97

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SaraMV, Aug 17, 2022.

1. SaraMV

SaraMV Member

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I don’t see where the mc is not doing anything. Her ss looks great and she’s not been in low numbers.

SaraMV likes this.
  3. SaraMV

SaraMV Member

Ok, I'm glad you're not seeing anything that jumps out at you. Our AT2 showed us a 29 today, but my hubby immediately took another reading and it was 97. It about gave me a heart attack when he sent me the picture. I like the numbers he's in right now and his less extreme bounces, but it starts to worry me when he doesn't get a food bump. When my hubby goes back to work, we'll have no way of testing if he gets that food bump or not during his am cycle.

4. tiffmaxee

Do you have an auto feeder? If not I would get one. That will help. How soon after his shot will you both be gone?

5. SaraMV

SaraMV Member

Yes, he's been using his AF since January. I leave about 5 minutes after his shot and get home about 5 minutes after his +4.

6. tiffmaxee

What about your husband?

7. SaraMV

SaraMV Member

My husband usually works 10-12 hour days. He's been off for a couple of weeks but is getting ready to go back to work. In fact he's gone today and Taz's pre shot is 96. I gave him medium carb at his first meal and his +1, because no one will be home to monitor him. I know these are good numbers but it's also scary.

Ashleigh & Ares likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

SaraMV likes this.
  9. Ashleigh & Ares

Ashleigh & Ares Well-Known Member

WOW! Taz is looking so good!! Gratz on a great job Sara!!

SaraMV likes this.
  10. Lando demando

Lando demando Well-Known Member

Agreed^^^ ive been following Taz here and there, and you are doing a GREAT job!

SaraMV likes this.
  11. SaraMV

SaraMV Member

Thank you so much for the reassurance! I always feel like I'm not handling things correctly. We're at a point where we're no longer trying for remission, but just to keep him in a safe range. The chronic pancreatitis complicates things and the lower numbers scare me because we never know if he's going to eat from meal to meal. :(

12. Lando demando

Lando demando Well-Known Member

That sounds like a great plan ( to not have expectations). Just do your best and help Taz live a good life! Keep up the great work

SaraMV likes this.