8-17 Leo AMPS=260 +2.6=205 +5=165 PMPS=163 +2.25=113 +4=115

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by La-La Leo, Aug 17, 2022.

1. La-La Leo

La-La Leo Well-Known Member

8-16-2022

Two of my alarms were inactivated! The one to pick up kitty bowls (to ensure a 2 hr BG) and the wake up alarm that gives me time to set up for Test-Feed-Shoot. I woke up on my own, but it was over an hour past the time to pick up bowls. There were no kitties up then, but who knows.
    Then the weird injection where it didn't feel like anything pressed. Maybe because it is only .75U .... OR because these syringes move/adjust so easily. The last syringes were so hard to adjust for the correct dose. Many times it ends up finally pushing out the excess, but goes past the dose! Argh. Draw up more to get to the correct dose--without air bubbles by carefully pushing out the excess, like before. It's exasperating.

I haven't found the perfect syringe yet.

Yes, DH was released yesterday afternoon. He just needs to heal. Urology appt this Fri to remove the final cath. Then we'll see if his bladder can work the way it should after having a cath for close to three months. Poor guy.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Healing vines for your DH.
    The perfect syringe does not exist. I had the best of all ever made and plenty were marked incorrectly with crooked start lines and I still had bubbles but just not as big.

La-La Leo likes this.
  3. La-La Leo

Just as I suspected. From what I recall, I've used three different brands now. Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks for the prayers. He's in good spirits. Cath removal, Friday at 10am. BUT it's not at the office close to us, but 30-45 min away. Not that I hope DD is still home with CV19 this Friday, but it sure would help.... like it did on Monday and even yesterday. She helped with making sure he ate and a few BGs.

4. La-La Leo

+2.5=205
    Maybe insulin came through in the last shot after all. I did not smell anything.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    tiffmaxee likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Often some gets in which is why we say never shoot a second time. The one time I was sure it was a fur shot some definitely got in.

La-La Leo likes this.
  6. La-La Leo

I've thought many times it was a FS, but later BGs show otherwise.
    Example, today's +5.
    I learned from here to NEVER give a 2nd shot. :cat: