8/17 Ares AMPS 144 + 3.5 77 +4.5 74 PMPS 102 +3 124 (Results are in)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ashleigh & Ares, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Ashleigh & Ares

Ashleigh & Ares Well-Known Member

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  2. Ashleigh & Ares

Oh, and Ares....has been getting better numbers and stopped hiding under bed since I switched out the ferals for indoor/outdoor babies.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I just read back the story of your aunt's cats (and the extras). Oh my! Quite the saga. I'm glad you've got the right cats now and will also be hoping for good vet results.

At some point, when the drama dies down, Ares could probably use an increase to get a bit more green back. It might just be for a short time, but maybe enough to kickstart him to better numbers.

Ashleigh & Ares likes this.
  4. Ashleigh & Ares

August is FIV positive :( so sad about this. I now cannot give him to the home i had lined up. And he cannot live his whole life in my bathroom!
    He also has upper respiratory and ear infection. Have to do oral droppers and ear drops. Also, if he is not doing really well with his infected paw and his respiratory gone by 2 days before his neuter, i will have to reschedule for that ... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sophie is all negative. She has missing teeth in front and rotten teeth in back that will have to be pulled sometime soon.
    They both got antibiotic shots. Flea meds. She got a blood workup. Lord please dont let her have anything wrong!!

They both did SOOOO well at vet, my vet let me go in the back with them. where they do the hard stuff, which was very nice of her!
    Sophie even had to get blood from her neck because she is so skinny and her vein just kept moving :arghh::arghh: I left for that one, i just couldnt watch it. Even after taking Ares blood and shooting him, i just coudnt stomach the neck draw:nailbiting:

with all this couldnt do vax's because it is just all too much at one time.
    I give them both a TOPICAL dewormer tomorrow. (never hear of this, but im thankful it exists)
    Got both Maggie and Ares flea meds also!
    Total $787.50:eek:

5. Ashleigh & Ares

Now that things are calming down a tiny bit, i feel like i can increase. So, i would like to see tonight and morning cycles...then if Im not getting some 60's, i will increase tomorrow night :) I kinda had that planned, Elise mentioned it a few days ago. Thanks Wendy!

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Bummer about August and FIV. Does the other home you had lined up have other cats? I wonder if a local rescue could help you find a home that has FIV cat(s) already.

7. Ashleigh & Ares

IM going to post on FB and also call shelters.
    My niece could take Sophie, but I dont know if she will be able to keep her an inside cat, and I need her to stay indoors! She is too old to be out there messing around!
    So...I have more work to do o_O
    But things tend to work out OK. I just keep praying. :cat:

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Does this home already have another cat (or cats?). FIV gets a bad rap sometimes. The main means of transmission is through a deep bite wound so as long as they are only cats, or introduced slowly to existing cats and everybody gets along, FIV status shouldn't be the huge concern a lot of people make it out to be.

Yes, they will need extra care....at the first sign of infection they need to be treated (where with a healthy cat you might wait a day or two before taking them to the vet). Dental disease is a common problem but just like every other cat, a good dental should be done whenever necessary anyway.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the results and wish you the best of luck in finding this poor kitty somebody to love him. Here's some great information from Cornell on FIV

9. Ashleigh & Ares

The home i had lined up is my niece. she has 3 young children, she and her husband work full time. Her animals always eventually end up at her moms house (who is disabled)...they live in a duplex right next to eachother...lol
    Her mom has other at least 2 other cats and 3 dogs....so unfortunately, it would never work out :( I hate the bad rap, but I cant do that to all those other animals !
    If i had a house and not an apartment, where I didnt have a limit (2, Ares and Maggie), I would absolutely keep him...a finshed basement would be perfect for him.
    Want in one hand and $H*% in the other and see which one fills up first....in my case, cat poo always beats all! Hahaa, I now sift litter about 7x a day!!:blackeye::confused::rolleyes:

Im going to post on him on FB. Hopefully a rescue will help.

10. Ashleigh & Ares

Oh, also, Ares will usually mind his own business. Or hide cause he is uncomfortable with another cat in the house. But Maggie...my gosh, she was already hissing the crap out of Sophie in her carrier. She is aggressive and attacks Ares all the time (usually just playing, but she draws blood with her claws!) So introducing August into the rest of the home is also not an option, unless i then lock Maggie up.

11. Ashleigh & Ares

Ares went the other way tonight:(

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Oh Ash I'm sorry to hear about August, that poor baby. I'm glad Sophie tested negative for FIV. I hope her blood work comes back good. Her poor teeth.
    I hope you can find both of them good homes. Those poor kitties have been through the ringer. I hope Sophie starts to put weight back on .
    I don't know how you do this all you are like the energizer bunny :p
    Bless you Ash :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::cat:

Nice to see those greens for Ash !

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  13. Ashleigh & Ares

By the grace of God!
    And I dont have children and I work from home. So all those things are basically necessary for any of it to work!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::kiss::kiss: