8/16 Oreo AMPS 118 +1.5 101 +3 68 +8 78 PMPS 148 +3.5 67

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Steven Oreos Dad, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Steven Oreos Dad

Steven Oreos Dad Well-Known Member

tiffmaxee and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  2. Steven Oreos Dad

3. Steven Oreos Dad

Hey @tiffmaxee

Friday I have to go away for two days. I have no one that can check his blood sugar. But I have someone to feed him. I was thinking about showing them how to do a drop dose. I really don’t trust anyone dosing him but I just don’t see him dropping low on a drop dose. Feeding schedule will be 1/2 can at AM and PM time followed by a couple small snacks of LC +3-4 and a +9 snack. Is ps number seem to be slowly coming down and hoping if I kept him atleast on a drop might be ok. Thoughts?

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Can you try a drop dose or a 0.1 unit dose for a couple days before you go, to see how he'll do on it? I agree 0.25 units would be too high if no monitoring.

5. Steven Oreos Dad

I can try the drop tomorrow and Thursday. To be honest with my eyes and a head lamp with magnifying glass I can’t see the difference in 0.1 vs .25

6. Wendy&Neko

One thing you can do is load what you think is 0.25 units, then try gently rotating the plunger until you get a drop out. Practice getting consistent size drops and count how many are in your 0.25 units. You can try this with a used syringe and colour liquid (tea, juice, pop). You do want to make sure that what you are giving now is more than a single drop.

7. Steven Oreos Dad

Hmmmm I’ll try with red liquid. To confirm making sure I understand 0.1 is more than a drop dose right? I recall last goround firmly pressing on plunger and releasing to fill only the 6mm needle. maybe I can take a pic. Of what I think is .25

8. Wendy&Neko

The question is whether your 0.1 unit dose is more than a drop. Typically it is more, but depends on syringes etc.

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Pictorial guide using a U-100 syringe marked with half units:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A drop dose. Push hard on the plunger, insert into the pen/vial/cartridge, let the vacuum pressure suck up a drop., then when you shoot try and leave the syringe in for 10 seconds

Steven Oreos Dad likes this.
  10. Steven Oreos Dad

Geeezzzzz I may be giving him closer to 0.1 :banghead: He’s on such a low dose maybe I need to find a better magnifying glass. I have a white backdrop that helps a lot but I’ll see what I can find stronger than this

11. Steven Oreos Dad

This is what I see as a .25
    upload_2022-8-16_22-4-7.jpeg

12. Steven Oreos Dad

Just tried drop dose with the syringes that I have and pressing firmly and releasing is not producing a visible drop. I can’t find any reliOn brand at Walmart locally which I have pressed hard and got a drop that was visable.

13. Steven Oreos Dad

+3.5 67
    Snack

14. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I didn’t have internet most of the day so missed your tag.Did you count the drops in your .25?

Steven Oreos Dad likes this.
  15. Steven Oreos Dad

No problem glad you got it back. There where 5 drops in my .25

16. tiffmaxee

So you could try and see what you get at 0.10 or see if you can get a drop with your syringes.

17. Steven Oreos Dad

I was playing with it and going the opposite and push down on the plunger and did a turn of the plunger and I was able to make one drop

18. tiffmaxee

So try that. If not enough you can go to 0.10 or back to .25 when you can monitor. Sounds good.

19. Steven Oreos Dad

Ok sounds good. Ty

tiffmaxee likes this.