8/10 Walter AMPS 109 PMPS 273

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Zelda & Walter, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

WOW! Walter you are looking so fine in blue!

Zelda, now he's getting tricky - since you're using the AT2 please get a 1+, yes test again in an hour and plan on getting a 2+ too. With the AT2 you just don't have much room to wiggle and he's a sneaky little fellow and seems to love making a run at those sharkies. If I were you I'd give him some medium carb food now just to hold him here in these blues...even if he goes up a tad...but still in the blues, would be good enough for him...see if you can keep him in the blues today - otherwise he's gonna bounce for sure...this is unfamiliar territory to Walter ... I'll try to check back later to see how the SS is looking.

Exciting day for Walter - he's been doing so well last night too! Just wow! Keep up the good work you two!!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Walter surfs safely for you today.

Zelda & Walter likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Zelda, did you pick up a human meter? This would be an excellent time to get a test...let's see what Walter's up to???

5. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

Thanks Sue. Sorry—I‘m taking the week off fro work and went back to sleep! Just tested him and gave him some MC food. Still on AT2 (I have five bottles of strips).

6. Sue and Luci

I'm not suggesting you switch completely - just try one test with the human meter while he's in the blues...let's see what that number looks like on the human meter. Is it green perhaps?

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi. I haven’t looked at Walter’s spreadsheets often but I know I’ve been on some of his condos. I was just looking at his spreadsheet and I noticed there have been times he dropped under 68 but you didn’t take a reduction. Then he hits black. It’s hard to know the danger zone with the AT but if in the 60’s it might not be so bad but I liken any number under 60 an automatic reduction even for long term diabetics. He’s now a year diabetic so I guess you could say it’s okay to go with 3 under 68 but I don’t know if that really applies with the AT. For numbers like that I think it really would be helpful to use a human meter. The protocol used a human meter so we know what’s safe and what’s not. It’s good to have a backup. Just my two cents FWIW.

He’s looking like he’s getting into better numbers more often. Good job.

8. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Wow look at that AMPS!!! And that cycle last night was BEAUTIMUS!!! It looks like Walter is starting to clear bounces quicker now. And his new dose is certainly agreeing with him(for now...you know these kitties:rolleyes:) YaY!!! Go Walter. Can't wait to see how his cycle unfolds today:cool::cool::D:joyful:
    @tiffmaxee :p you took the words outta my mouth. But of course articulated them much better than I would have :banghead::rolleyes:

9. tiffmaxee

@Briere Fur Mom You are so sweet and don’t give yourself enough credit!

10. Briere Fur Mom

Zelda, just curious to see if you've had to a chance to test since +3? I wonder if his +3 is food influenced or maybe he's starting to bounce? It'd be very interesting to see what Mr. Walter is up to today with that long stretch of blues. Do you think they could be green on a human meter? Curiosity overcomes me sometimes:cat:;)

11. tiffmaxee

I’m back too looking for another test. I would test hourly when you see numbers you aren’t used to seeing. Curious minds want to know.

12. Sue and Luci

Nice testing Zelda...stay on him...he's a bit sneaky...love seeing these lower numbers! I just have to wonder what he has up his furry sleeve for this afternoon? I'm happy to hear you're off work...hopefully that means you'll have a bit of extra time for some extra testing...I'd love to see one of those tests include a human meter reading too :)

13. Briere Fur Mom

Me too;) I tell ya if I was a cat I'd be long gone by now because of my curiosity:cat:
    Great job keeping Walter safe:bighug:

Zelda & Walter and Sue and Luci like this.
  14. Sue and Luci

I see that Walter is coming up nice and easy like...lovely blue numbers today! Great job you guys are doing.

If you have a chance, take a look at this condo: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...96-shot-a-falling-number.233439/#post-2608831

She tried a human meter test along with the AT2 test - just for comparison. If you could do the same it would be helpful to see how close to the danger zone Mr. Walter gets...or how high those highs really are. Since all of our dosing methods were written using human meters, it would be helpful to get an extra test from time to time...you can make a note of it in the same cell - thank you!