7/7 Ben AMPS is 72 possible hypo at PMPS (43) OK now

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by A Fae, Jul 7, 2021.

1. A Fae

A Fae Member

2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning! Wow, Ben hasn't seen a blue in so long. You are doing a great job with him. I'm curious about something. Is Halloween House the name of a town where you live? Sounds creepy :smuggrin:

A Fae likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Ben is looking good on this dose so far, keep it going Ben :cat:

A Fae likes this.
  4. A Fae

A Fae Member

AM +6 is 65; PMPS is 43 did not give insulin.
    I did an AM +6, it was good. I was not feeling well and went back to sleep. I overslept and did PMPS 3 hours late and it was 42.
    OMG I fed FF gourmet naturals pate beef at 14% carbs. Will keep testing, feeding. Should I resume insulin in the AM if AMPS is over 50, or insulin after BG over 50?
    Here we go...weeee.
    HELP

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  5. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Hi there, it's good you did not give insulin at 42. Please do keep feeding him the higher carb food and test in a half hour to see where he is at. If he's still hovering in the 40s, feed again and then test in another 30 minutes. At this point I don't think you should give insulin in the morning and start an OTJ trial but hopefully someone with more experience will chime in to confirm. This is great for Ben!:bighug:

A Fae likes this.
  6. A Fae

A Fae Member

GREAT for Ben but freaked momma out since I was so late getting the PMPS since I am sick again :coffee:
    Not gonna beat myself up though, Ben may be in the :otj: club soon :bighug:
    THANKS by responding so fast you lowered my heartrate :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  7. A Fae

A Fae Member

May be doing too good:nailbiting:;):bighug:

8. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you get better soon. :bighug:

A Fae likes this.
  9. A Fae

A Fae Member

PMPS +30 Minutes is 50.
    He ate 1/4 3oz can FF gourmet naturals beef at 14% carb and very little no salt low carb sliced turkey breast (Boar's Head)
    Coming back up. Will test again in 1/2 hour.

Ben has been hiding, I blocked the places he is hard to get to and kept open his favorite where I only have to move a box in the closet to get him.

It's 82F degrees inside and 108F degrees on our balcony today. :eek:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  10. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Now that he's over 50 and you've skipped the shot, you can switch to lower carb food.

I think you can start an OTJ trial from tomorrow as well. Tagging @tiffmaxee for confirmation.

A Fae likes this.
  11. A Fae

A Fae Member

PM +1 is 55
    Ok Ben lets slow down for now :p

Should I still watch if BG goes high give the 0.1U or a dropU? AM?
    I get confused easy

12. Bandit's Mom

We try the drop dose only for kitties who see some blues on the 0.10U dose. This is the 4th cycle since the reduction to 0.10U so it's no longer the 0.25U depot either.
    He may be a little higher tomorrow morning but I think you should be good to start an OTJ trial from the AM.

@tiffmaxee will confirm

A Fae likes this.
  13. A Fae

A Fae Member

Have not fed more FF but he did get his treat, small amount of turkey breast. It's low sodium low carb boar's head sliced at the deli.
    I have to go out for a few hours to get his FF classic pate. I tried to have 3 stores deliver it there is $35 min for grocery delivery.
    Each time it did not come with the other groceries and stated "out of stock" I just called Harmons for a physical check and it's there.
    He is out of his FF classic pate, MoM will get 2 cases of 24 each ;) Deliveries aren't going well from FedX either. Apparently they don't have enough room in their facilities so deliveries are being delayed. :rolleyes:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  14. A Fae

A Fae Member

Great! This is what I thought with all the info I'm getting here from people and the site's info.
    You are all so helpful we thank each of you from the bottom of our hearts! :bighug::cat::bighug:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  15. A Fae

A Fae Member

I'll get one more reading before departing for the grocery store. I will take LYFT to be faster getting home, $10 round trip.

16. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I think Ben has made it clear he’s ready for an OTJ Trial. I will be back after getting confirmation from a few others with the directions. :D

A Fae likes this.
  17. A Fae

A Fae Member

PM +2 is 62
    I am so glad I didn't give him syrup this round, good girl mommy!
    Ben looks much happier, he was watching birds through his window now cat napping.
    Off to the store, brb.

18. tiffmaxee

In case someone asks one have you counted the number of drops n your .10 dose?

A Fae likes this.
  19. A Fae

A Fae Member

Yes, upon practicing there is one large drop with the 0.1U; there were two large drops and one small drop with the 0.25U

20. tiffmaxee

I think he’s ready for a trial in that case as you can’t go any lower in dose.

A Fae likes this.
  21. A Fae

A Fae Member

PM +6 is 82
    Ate LC at PM +5 1/2
    Finally got Ben's LC FF classics - I got 48 cans since it's been so hard to find them lately. Still no deliveries from FedX apparently it's a ripple effect from the pandemic clogging the ports and short on drivers.

Flowers finally got watered and the water flowing out was way too warm after they had to endure over 108F temperatures today

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  22. A Fae

A Fae Member

Looking but not finding directions for OJT trial. When to test and food schedule?

23. A Fae

A Fae Member

Just me being the CREEPY one. I was born 6 weeks before Halloween and have always been obsessed. I moved into a house some years ago and for a house warming present my sister gave me a poster of The Scream. On the back she wrote "happy Halloween House what a scream". Since then I have lived in
    Halloween House, Utah - whenever I can get away with it :smuggrin:

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  24. Bandit's Mom

Wow he is pretty low at AMBG (when you don't shoot it's AMBG and not AMPS).

@tiffmaxee will share the OTJ trial directions.
    You feed normally. Test AMBG and PMBG only. If you get a blue number, you test 3 hours after to see if the number goes down to green after food.

A Fae likes this.
  25. A Fae

A Fae Member

Thanks, changed condo title
    Great, very helpful thanks.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  26. tiffmaxee

Instructions for starting the OTJ trial
    Start the trial on the next green pre shot.
    If he/she is green at your normal test times, no need to test further until the next "PS" time; just feed small meals and go about your day. If he/she is blue at your normal "PS", feed a small meal and test again after about 3 or 4 hours. If his/her number is lower 3-4 hours after a meal, then the pancreas is working!
    Post every day so we can monitor your progress and see if any tweaks are needed. He/she may have a sporadic blue number. Don't panic but post before you decide whether to shoot so we can have a discussion.
    After 14 days of no insulin, we have a party!!
    Sometimes the trial doesn't work the first time and we have to give a little more support in the form of resuming insulin. It's not the end of the world if that happens; we just give him/her the support needed. Our goal is a strong remission and it's better to take our time to get that than to rush into remission just to have it fail later on.
    Good luck with the trial!!!
    Once he/she is through the trial successfully, you enter a new phase. Your cat is still diabetic but has now become diet-controlled. Continue feeding low carb food in the manner successful for your kitty. If you decide to change his/her feeding schedule, let your meter be your guide to the best times to feed. Avoid medications with sugar in them and steroid medications unless they are medically essential. Continue testing blood glucose weekly for the first month and then monthly forever. It's a good idea to weigh him/her monthly. Weight should remain stable. If he/she seems "off" or sick, or is showing signs of diabetes (excessive drinking, eating, urinating, weight loss), test his/her blood glucose right away. Keep the teeth and gums clean and healthy; dental issues can bring a cat out of remission. If you see rising blood glucose numbers, it's time for a visit to the vet!

A Fae likes this.
  27. A Fae

A Fae Member

Thank you!